Is There an Answer to How "Sensitive" Our Ears Are?

Discussion in 'Support' started by JurgenG, Nov 10, 2017.

1. JurgenG
      Approved

JurgenG Member Benefactor Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure / headphone accident maybe?
      I know there is a lot of different opinions about this. But I just can't deal with not having more or less a straight answer to the simple question.
      "How sensitive/suspectible to new damage is our hearing-system after you've gotten T."

I've seen all kinds of answers, from yes to no and everything in between.
      I spoke to an ENT who said it's still the same as before T, and two days later I spoke with an audiologist who said the opposite..

So let's say that we just don't know.
      Many of us have active lives, and you get introduced to sound -all the time-.
      Some just feels loud because of (in my case mild H). But other sound is genuinely loud, even for people with no H.

I am writing this because two days ago I was janking some iron lose, and it let out this incredibly loud and high screech, measured it, and it was at least 110 dB..

So in case of "something genuine loud", how do YOU deal with it?
      In the recent past I always took a little bit of Medrol, but I have taken quite a lot over the last year, that's its gotten unhealthy.

Any advise? It's really hard to know if it's gotten worse, because it was already a bit worse just before the "loud encounter"..

Sorry if it seems if it feels that I am going about on the same subject.

#hugstoall