Is This Even Pulsatile Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Afleece, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Afleece

Afleece Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I am 28 and obese, though working on losing weight. This has been going on for 4 months now, started shortly after the flu.

I get a whooshing when I turn my head to look to the left.

When I stand up, more noticeable in the evenings and first thing in the morning.

When I lay in bed with my head up reading usually hand propping up head.

It is only in my right ear.

Besides that nothing, silence. I can put in ear plug and not hear it though I do get vibration clicking like sensation when i plug it. I had a CT scan done of ear nothing.

Should I get an MRA?

Is this even pulsatile tinnitus? Chances of dying from it? Thanks in advance.

2. layzell

layzell Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      inner ear infection
      I'm no expert but it occurred to me that if you look at the construction of the inner ear (online etc) you will notice the liquid in the 3 balance tubes. When you turn your head this liquid must move up one or more tubes so as to tickle the hairy nerve endings and thus send a signal to the brain. Could this mechanism also cause your whooshing sound? Just an idea. I suppose it would mean you were listening to you own balancing signals.

3. layzell

layzell Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      inner ear infection
      And it isn't called pulsative unless it beats in step with your heart, which it seems yours doesn't.