Is Tinnitus from Fluid in the Ears Likely to Go Away? HELP!

Discussion in 'Support' started by worriedd, Apr 13, 2016.

1. worriedd

worriedd Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20/03/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fluid, from a cold. No noise damage or infection.
      So I'm 17 years old and for about 3 1/2 weeks I've been suffering from tinnitus. I think I do have a rather severe case as mine is so high pitched that I can hear it over literally anything. I've had loads of earache, crackling, popping, dizzy spells and a constant line of phlegm going down my throat. I've also developed neck problems in the last couple of days. I've been told its very rare for someone of my age to tinnitus that is permanent. Is 2-3 months usually how long it takes to go away if its not here to stay? Should it have improved yet? I think the only thing that's better is the earache, which I hope is a good sign. Anyone know anyone who's had this sort of thing go away? I'M DESPERATE FOR SOME POSITIVE FEEDBACK!!!

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. phoebe

phoebe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection?
      Did your tinnitus go away?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      worriedd

worriedd Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20/03/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fluid, from a cold. No noise damage or infection.
      No, not yet, unfortunately.However, I think it is VERY slowly getting better. Found out that I had lots of fluid in my ear due to a cold and this caused negative pressure in my ear. Thankfully, my tinnitus should go, but ive been told it could still take another few months though.

• Like Like x 1
    4. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane