Issues with Low Blood Pressure, High Pulse in Morning and Afternoon

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by JasonP, Sep 14, 2019.

1. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Maybe somebody can help me out here. I have only recently discovered this issue that I believe I have had for possibly 30 years or more. My blood pressure changes throughout the day. In the morning it is usually the worst and when I feel the worst. It is usually low, it usually varies between 90 to 100 over 60-70. When it's below 95 over 65, I usually feel bad. I have also noticed that my pulse is usually high. Almost always, when I have been feeling bad, my pulse is over 95. Late in the evening, my blood pressure usually goes up some and if it gets around 120/80, I'm usually feeling better, but I am especially feeling better if my blood pressure is "normal" and my pulse also goes down. Heat really zaps me and makes me feel awful, while cool and cold air usually helps. I can get orthostatic hypotension, my arm can feel tingling.

The doctor said it was a sign of dehydration. He's wrong, it is something else. Right now, I feel great. My pulse is around 66 with normal blood pressure. The only thing I did different was take a beta blocker about 6 hours ago. The air feels cooler now too for some reason.

Does anyone have any advice how I can get my blood pressure normal in the morning and afternoon with a low pulse?

2. boliston
      No Mood

boliston Member

Tinnitus Since:
      30th April 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic
      I'm normally trying to get my blood pressure down rather than up, but it looks like being sure to stay well hydrated and possibly increasing the amount of salt in diet can help.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      My blood pressure was low this morning upon waking... worse than normal although I didn't measure it, I could just feel it. I went to the bathroom and had to sit on the toilet. As I was urinating, I thought... this may cause my blood pressure to drop... sure enough, I started blacking out. I felt horrible. I tried to make it to my bed but had to go down to the floor. I tried measuring my blood pressure on the floor but got the EE reading 3 times. I broke out into a sweat and then a few minutes later felt better. I then measured it. It was at 92 over 56, pulse 60. I laid there some more and it got to 101 over 62, pulse 61. I actually felt much better then.

I drank some Pepsi (very rare) and ate something and this afternoon it is 112 over 72, pulse 83 (sitting down). After drinking the Pepsi, I didn't feel mentally great.

Any suggestions?

4. Star64
      Kick ass

Star64 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Hypotension, or low blood pressure, means that the pressure of blood circulating around the body is lower than normal, or lower than expected given the environmental conditions. However, ‘hypotension’ is a relative term – one person may have low blood pressure compared to others of similar physical characteristics, but may be perfectly healthy.

Low blood pressure is only a problem if it has a negative impact on the body. For example, vital organs (particularly the brain) may be starved of oxygen and nutrients if the blood pressure is too low for that particular person.
      Symptoms include:
      • Light-headedness, when standing from a sitting or lying position (This is called
        Orthostatic hypotension
        Generally, when you stand upright from a sitting or lying position, the blood vessels in your body respond to gravity by constricting. This increases blood pressure. Orthostatic hypotension means that the blood vessels don’t adjust to a standing position and, instead, allow the blood pressure to drop, resulting in a feeling of light-headedness.
      • Unsteadiness
      • Dizziness
      • Weakness
      • Blurred vision
      • Fatigue
      • Fainting.
      Some causes of hypotension include blood loss, dehydration and certain medications, such as antihypertensive drugs. plus,
      • Emotional stress, fear, insecurity or pain (the most common causes of fainting)
      • Dehydration, which reduces blood volume
      • The body’s reaction to heat, which is to shunt blood into the vessels of the skin, leading to dehydration
      • Blood donation
      • Internal bleeding, such as a perforated stomach ulcer
      • Blood loss from trauma
      • Medications for high blood pressure
      • Diuretics, which produce fluid loss
      • Medications for depression
      • medications for certain heart conditions
      • Allergic reaction to certain drugs or chemicals
      • Some forms of infection
      • Heart disease, which can hamper the pumping action of the heart muscle
      • One of the most common causes of hypotension is dehydration, so I can understand why the Doctor came to this conclusion. It maybe the beta blocker is also causing this, try drinking more water though ,not pepsi and see if this helps....I would always recommend you follow back up with your Doctor again, especially if this continues, as many different medications can cause this too, I hope this helps, you have helped me many times :huganimation:

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. beach house

beach house Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      dunno yet
      • Like Like x 1
    6. Anny_Wish1

Anny_Wish1 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I was in a similar situation when in the morning my pulse goes off the scale and the pressure drops. Examination by a cardiologist did not reveal anything. Then I realized that the cause was stress and tiredness. I advise you to consult a doctor who will offer an alternative to drinking more water.