Itch in Ears

Discussion in 'Support' started by Falconfox, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Falconfox
      Paranoid

Falconfox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wish I knew, possibly nosie damage.
      It comes and goes and for the most part isn't troublesome. Just worried that it might be a sign of something else? I am feeling a little under the weather (dry throat) but don't think I'm sick. I'm hoping it'll just come and go as most of my strange feelings do. I'm dealing with the stress much better but it's still hard not to examine every physical feeling I have under a microscope.

2. Aaron123

Aaron123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      00/0000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Irrelevant
      I would give it some time and see if it resolves. If it doesn't, your primary care physician should be able to help. Very unlikely to be anything serious.

My story: I dealt with itchy ears for a number of years because they weren't too troublesome. To scratch the itch, I used q-tips and other things that you shouldn't put in your ear. It turned out I had a little fungus and, probably due to the scratching, a little bacterial infection. Some ear drops cleared everything up, and they don't itch anymore. Clearing this up didn't help with tinnitus or anything else, but it was nice to not have itchy ears anymore.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Falconfox
      Paranoid

Falconfox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wish I knew, possibly nosie damage.
      @Aaron123 Thanks, this is what I figured but it's always nice to hear others have had similar experiences and get some reassurance.