It's Been 2 Weeks and It's Changing?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Maia, May 11, 2016.

1. Maia

Maia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/27/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I got my tinnitus on April 27th in my right ear late at night and it started out as a morse code type beeping.

On the 2nd it changed it a constant high pitched ring where I couldn't hear the beeping at all and by now I'd gotten used to the ring.

I went to the ENT on the 4th and found out I had middle ear infections in both ears but since I've always had hearing loss my doctor said that tinnitus was inevitable, even though I'm only 19, so I'm taking the drops he prescribed me to fight off the ear infection.

Now today I've noticed that the ring is very quiet but now I have the beeping back.

Does it change a lot like this for anyone else, or is it just because my tinnitus is so new?

edit: I had a lot of anxiety about it at first which may have been what brought on the ringing sound because I wasn't eating much and felt sick for a good 3 days (last week Monday-Thursday) but now I'm pretty much okay, but could it have gone back because my anxiety about it have gone away? Also my sleeping patterns are normal, I'm getting 8 hours a night so I don't think it's sleep?

2. jeanoroid
      Yeehaw

jeanoroid Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music / headphones
      Trying to figure out T's quirks is like trying to guess where a rainbow will appear..
      Hopefully this is a temporary downswing on the way to full recovery.
      And if it's just a plain ole "better day" at least you know you got some of those coming too..

3. Major!

Major! Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/26/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection(plausible) and allergies
      I'm pretty much in the same boat. Except mine has lasted over a month. It started after a fever and itchiness in my ear. However, I never received proper treatment for my fever so I still have tinnitus. I recently got a referral to an ENT, next week on Wednesday, so hopefully that'll shed some light on my condition. My tinnitus also changed about a week or two in. It started off as a pulsating sound, which would go away whenever I would lie on my right, so if it ever got to me I always had a trump card, and it was my best method of sleep. Later on it became a ringing sound, and sometimes they would happen at the same time. It is normal for your sound to change, I don't think it signals anything bad. Just keep taking your drops and hopefully you'll be alright. Good luck bro, my tinnitus is getting better and I hope yours does too.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maia

Maia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/27/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      thank you! that actually makes me feel so much better.