It's Driving Me Crazy

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by AlexK, Jan 30, 2016.

1. AlexK

AlexK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Hi everyone, I'm new here but I've been lurking for a while now.

I'm 22 and just recently developed tinnitus in my left ear a few months ago, it just appeared out of nowhere one night. It's a constant super high pitched noise, around 17000 hertz from tests I've done at home. There have been a couple of weeks where it's dissapeared, but it always comes back. It's really starting to bother me. I can't focus on anything, I'm depressed, I can't sleep, I can't enjoy music or movies or books. I don't know what to do. It's spoiling my life.

There are also times when I hear weird random pulses in that ear as well, and those would occur sporadically before the ringing started. I really hope something can be done about this, because it's really bringing me down.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Charron
      Badass

Charron Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sshl???
      Hi Alex, sorry to hear that you are so down, there are lots of people on here that can give you good advice, I came about this forum in December and it saved my life.
      Make sure you go to your dr and explain your feelings, meds helped me in the beginning and after nearly 2 months I'm in a much better place.
      The fact that your t comes and goes is hopeful really, your stress and anxiety isn't helping, there's nothing wrong in speaking to a dr and get help so you can manage better, also protect your ears if you go anywhere loud as that too doesn't help.
      If you need more advice post on the support forum and you will get people with the same problem reply.
      Hugs xxxx

• Like Like x 1
    3. baz 22
      Alone

baz 22 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Hi, I am only 22 aswell. Only had tinnitus a month now, mine is more of a static noise in the left ear. Tinnitus is a real rollercoaster of emotions, you never know but the tinnitus might disappear for us both. We are only young, so always have hope.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AlexK

AlexK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Thanks you guys, I'm feeling a bit better today. I went and saw a doctor a few weeks after it first started and he pretty much just brushed me off and told me to come back in a few months if I still have it. I really thought it would have been gone by now.

5. baz 22
      Alone

baz 22 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      I went to a doctor after 2 weeks and she said no cure come back in 3 months. So not much help:mad: