I've Had Tinnitus for a Month and a Strange Phenomenon Happened Last Week

Discussion in 'Support' started by LSM224556, Jan 16, 2017.

1. LSM224556

LSM224556 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      First I have to say a sorry for my poor English.

I have had tinnitus for about almost a month. Before I have it, my left ear become very sensitive to low pitch sound at the morning. This symptom often happen at the morning and disappeared afternoon. One day, it didn't disappear and gain more stronger with time. My tinnitus starts at the night of that day.

However, it disappeared at the second day. I though I was recovered but the sound come again after a week. A few days after, it become so loud and I can't bear it anymore. I can't wait for the next day. I thought it was some kind of inflammation and hence I took a lysozyme chloride tablet because it is the only medicine related to inflammation. Next day, the volume of the sound halved. I see a doctor at the next day and he gave me a pill that increase blood flow and B-Complex and arrange a hearing test. I continue to take lysozyme but the situation didn't improve anymore. Maybe the lysozyme have no effect at all, the reduction of intensity is just some random thing.

The tinnitus changed after that, it was like dental drill or the noise emitted from fans with bad bearing. It is the first time the sound changed.

The sound became louder and louder at last Tue and I became sensitive with low pitch sound again. This time my tinnitus was much stronger and it contain many different noise. My left ear feel hurt when hear loud low pitch sound. I went to ER and the doctor give me some antibiotic and a appointment letter of ENT.

The antibiotics seems no effect at all because it don't look like an infection. Also, I read some article about my antibiotics and know that this may make my tinnitus worse so I am so worried about it.

I worried about my hearing and I watched this video

A very strange phenomenon happened, the sound of my tinnitus changed again at mid night the next day. This time, the sound just like this video, increase from low to high pitch and then reset. I never heard that tinnitus can act like this.

The next day, it changed again, it became very low pitch, about 20 - 40Hz with a smooth middle pitch sound appear for a few second and then disappear. The intensity is so low and the sound itself is so relaxing.

Then, It changed again at the next day, it was so quite. The volume is about only 5% of the "Normal level"

I though I am almost recovered but the dental drill and the intensity came back yesterday....

Another strange phenomenon of my tinnitus is that the sound was very loud when I wake up. But it back to normal very quickly after I leave the bed and stand up.

I went to see a doctor today but he said he can't explain those phenomenon at all. He just tell me the tinnitus is most likely cause by nerves cells damage as the result of the hearing test. He gives me another antibiotic(Cefuroxime Axetil 250mg), another medicine for blood (pentoxifylline) and ginkgo biloba extract.

I am waiting the letter from ent but the date I can have an appointment is still unknown.

Could someone give me some advise on this situation? Is the phenomenon that the intensity changing frequently a good sign or a bad sign?

2. MikeGreen
      Uninvolved

MikeGreen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Spotify
      Did the video influence your tinnitus? I have had that too. When listening to a particular tone it felt like it recreated itself in my head.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      LSM224556

LSM224556 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I just found that my tinnitus is so similar to to the noise from my CPU fan.
      It is so weird.

4. Elliott.S
      Doubtful

Elliott.S Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music practice - Attending loud concerts
      I think the change in intensity is a pretty good thing, to tell you the truth. Changes in pitch and volume mean your brain hasn't recorded all those messages as part of your body yet.

Your tinnitus is fluctuating, it hasn't settled :)

Listening to white noise or specific frequencies do have an impact on your Ts, but so far there's no proof it has an impact on the long run.

Try listening to the music that was included in your "Welcome message / Don't Panic" thing when you signed in. It can calm your whistles down a bit, but don't put the level louder than your T, keep it low so you can still hear the noise inside your ears.

Also, try and not to focus on the sounds, trick your brain, force yourself to tell your mind this is a ghost sound and is totally irrelevant to you. It DOES help. I've had Ts since 10 years, this is the best piece of advice I can give you.

This sound is not a threat. Once your brain has recorded that, it will not focus on it at all anymore. This is a very beasty reaction to external stimuli based on the human evolution. What's seen as a threat is being focused on by our brain, and multiplied.

Do you feel your trousers when you have them on ? No you don't, although it does send numerous sensitive messages. Your brain doesn't see it as a threat, so he just shuts the message down. It works the same for T. After a while, your brain understands there's no threat, so he will most likely forget about it.

I'm not saying you won't hear them anymore. You will be ABLE TO hear them if you want to, like if someone asks you : "Have you got tinnitus ?". But that's it :)