Just Listen to the Sound

Discussion in 'Support' started by Aschenherz, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Aschenherz
      Cheerful

Aschenherz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017 H since 7/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi there.

I'm two months in and already have had enough of it. The tinnitus becomes so highly rated in my personal view, he got gold in very few weeks.

Today it was a shitty day and I thought, i could give it a try with protecting my ears, even, when I'm alone at home. To my surprise, to constantly hear the tone with ear protection calms me. Don't know, why.

So here is my question. Does anybody have the same experience or do I have hyperacusis? Does it help to habituate faster, when you hear 24/7 the tone with ear plugs? Do you become an infection, when you do it daily?

Thanks for the responses :)

2. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:

I agree with you, my T is actually least bothersome with earplugs in. However, I would be a little careful about just wearing them all the time. I often sleep with them (wife snores, cat meows, baby screams), and sometimes if T is really driving me nuts and music isn't cutting it I'll jam a plug in, but I would not encourage you to use them 24/7.

I have no idea if you have hyperacusis -- do you have problems tolerating daily noises? If not, then probably no hyperacusis.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Aschenherz
      Cheerful

Aschenherz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017 H since 7/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      some sound are glassy and i feel like my ears are full after the day, but since this developed big time i thought that this is no real hyperacusis.. so hm, don't know. on the onset even conversations hurting my ears, but that is long gone.

and.. i thought so. hm. is there another way to constantly having the ringing in the ears? haha, that question, but i think, that this will help to see it as an backgroundsound much faster. I don't believe that it will go away again, have tried to many things. so i'm searching for ways how it losing the anxiety etc.

4. Samantha R

Samantha R Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I personally cannot stand wearing ear plugs and listening to the hiss in my head.
      I was on a plane a couple of months ago for a 9 hour flight. I felt like jumping out of the plane as I was wearing ear protection and the tinnitus was all consuming.....
      On the other hand, I have a ring in my right ear that does not bother me and could listen to it all day.
      The hiss is way more intrusive though.