Kids Screamed — Now Hearing Damaged? — Can't Seem to Live a Normal Life, Can't Take It Anymore

Discussion in 'Support' started by jdjd09, Apr 28, 2019.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      jdjd09

jdjd09 Member

So what does all this mean then? Don’t take it then? I am so stressed out. I can’t go to doctor to get straight answer and I also am not sure who to listen to on here because there is so many different opinions. I’m so tired and stressed and don’t know what to do.

• Like Like x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      jdjd09

jdjd09 Member

I’m so considering going to doctor today. I have looked up stuff and it feels like some people who have discouraged me to go do this have used it in the past (not allbut some).

I’m just stressed out because I took prednisone so recent. I don’t know if it is dangerous to take it after I took a 40mg cycle a month ago?

I’m so tired. I feel like I can’t make the right decision for me. I know I took it 5 days after an incident and got help. I just am scared and tired and also feel like doctors don’t help me.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      jdjd09

jdjd09 Member

I’m still lost what to do. At this point, I’ve gotten different answers. I’ve taken prednisone in the past and never had issues. I took it a month ago for a separate extreme incident. Before that I hadn’t taken it in about a year and a half to 2 years.

Seriously, what risk do I have taking it within a month previously if I had no side effects? If no risk, then why not just take it?

4. coffee_girl
      Innocent

coffee_girl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      All my life, but got worse 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      Are you sure you are hearing a new tone or are you just panicking and your paranoia is making your current T louder than normal? There is no reason to take P if your T is just induced by hysteria. You need to give it time first, relax...then once youre calm, revisit the situation.

Is your T new/recent? Accidental exposures are part of life and will happen even if you are over protective of your ears, you won't be able to take P every time something goes wrong.

5. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      @jdjd09 -- It sounds like your intuition is telling you to go for it. Given you did OK with it in the past, I'd probably go for it if I was in your position. -- All the Best!

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      jdjd09

jdjd09 Member

The doctor I called won’t prescribe me prednisone and instead did Methylpredisone.

I said I feel uncomfortable changing the drug since the prednisone worked in the past.

I’m so tired and stressed out and unhappy. I don’t feel comfortable taking that drug.

What is the difference between the two? He said it is more powerful. I don’t want that, I just want a safe and one that worked for me in the past.

Why do doctors do this? I’m so tired of this. Help? What do I do?

7. GSC
      Wishful

GSC Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma.
      There's nothing else you can do. You did all that you can. Now try to ease your anxiety and stress and try to relax.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      jdjd09

jdjd09 Member

Well, is that the same exact drug? Why not just use prednisone? Why change a drug to a more powerful drug that I have no past experience with and could cause unknown side effects?

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      jdjd09

jdjd09 Member

Yes, I feel I am hearing a new tone. But it feels it may be getting better. But it is hard to tell.

I’ve had tinnitus for a while and hearing loss. It was already loud and hear it all the time. That is why it is hard for me to tell sometimes as it is already loud.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      jdjd09

jdjd09 Member

Please, can someone please tell me what the difference is between the drugs and why the doctor wouldn’t just give me prednisone, a drug I did just fine on in the past?

11. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/323545.php
      https://www.healthline.com/health/rheumatoid-arthritis/methylprednisolone-vs-prednisone
      It looks like they are very similar, but you might want to take a smaller dose of the new drug in order to match the original dosage that didn't produce any side effects for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    12. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      • Agree Agree x 1
    13. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      @jdjd09 -- That's the problem with doctors; their approach to OUR health issues are often at odds with what we feel is the best approach. Regarding the prednisolone and methylprednisolone: It sounds like they're fairly similar, with the latter being about 25% stronger. Interestingly, they made the strength assessment by comparing it to how many mg of cortisone it would take to match its strength. -- Since you may be facing kind of situation again going forward, I'd like to make a suggestion:

Instead of depending on prednisolone, or any other drug you need a physician visit and prescription for, you might want to familiarize yourself (or your body) with just plain cortisone (also commonly known as hydrocortisone). I've taken low-dose hydrocortisone for many years, and normally get it via prescription. But I have been able to get it from some online pharmacies without a prescription.

Since prednisolone is 5x stronger than cortisone, you could just multiply the number of hydrocortisone mg by 5, and probably get essentially the same result. But you could adjust it to according to what you feel your body (ears) need. And you could have it on hand at all times, including for situations such as allergic reactions, etc. -- BTW, the body normally makes 40 mg of hydrocortisone daily, and as long as you use less than that, your adrenal glands will not "shut down", which can happen when you take higher dose prednisolone for extended periods of time. A few days however will almost never be a problem.

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      jdjd09

jdjd09 Member

Well they did a lower dose than what I usually get. So what now, go to another doctor and ask for further help? I’m so lost. Call in again and ask for further help? I’m very concerned.

15. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think you're stressed out and anxious from travel and noise.

My kid has screamed directly in my ear a bunch of times; I don't recommend it but so far it hasn't been life altering.

Prednisone, on the other hand, makes me an anxious insomniac wreck for about a week.

16. Striveon

Striveon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Has it ever caused a permanent increase?

17. FrontRoomFanatic
      Dreaming

FrontRoomFanatic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Damage (Music)
      How did things turn out for you? Did things improve?