Kitesurfing

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ornitoring, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Ornitoring

Ornitoring Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma for repitition
      I want to start kitesurfing, the sound of the sea is good for my hypercusis and for this moment I think also can be good for my knee injured. Also I like fishing but is too much static and girls don't like worms.

Someone practise kiktesurfing as a therapy for hyperacusis?

What do you prefer for your ears.. sea or mountain?

2. shan
      Lurking

shan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      God knows
      Either or as long it is not the freaking city.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Well having been to neither since the onset of H and T, I assume it would be ocean, as water sounds soothing to me...another note* wind aggravates my H or ears in general atm, but my ears are pretty sensitive :/ Just thought I would put that out there. Good luck!

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ornitoring

Ornitoring Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma for repitition
      I wish you a good recuperation Lynn.
      Yes, the sea is very soothing... and when wind became hard you can protect.

Oceans seems very quiet... not motorbikes, not cars, not dogs, not children, not doctors..

An hyperacusis boat could be funny which going arround the world taking us and make a hyperacusis holidays.

5. Yes, a Hyperacusis boat, or island, lol, both sound pretty nice! I LOVE the ocean. It's my fav place..You are right, you can protect your ears from wind :)

I wish you well :)

• Like Like x 1
    6. Jeff M.
      Breezy

Jeff M. Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct. 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic
      I don't have H, but do have gnarly T!! I am a life long surfer and find peace, joy, and inspiration in the ocean. I forget about the screaming in my ears when surfing. It's my refuge. I have a couple buddies that kitesurf, and love it. The learning curve is steep though. Just be forewarned! All too often I see newbie's getting dragged down the beach on their faces by their kite!!! Have fun and be careful!! (y) :)

• Hug Hug x 1