Laptop Makes the Same Sound as My 580 Hz Sine Tone Tinnitus — Afterwards, My Tinnitus Gets Louder

Discussion in 'Support' started by zingting, Jul 6, 2022.

1. zingting

zingting Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear syringing/ worsened by ototoxic eardrops
      I've had tinnitus since March 7th, 2022 after ear syringing, which did absolutely nothing, and it started off as static or hissing. Then I went to the ENT and got the earwax microsuctioned out of my left ear as it was completely blocked, and my hearing in my left was a lot better, even better than in my right, and the tinnitus was a lot better too. The volume decreased as my left ear was not blocked, but my tinnitus was still bothering me. I made a big mistake and went back to the same GP where I had syringing done in my left ear and wanted to see if there was anything that could be done. He then got another doctor to come in for a second opinion on it, and she agreed that it was probably a fungal infection, so he prescribed me Otocomb OTIC eardrops and told me to put them deep in my ear, which I did. I thought it would make my hissing tinnitus better, but it made my tinnitus worse, and I had horrible ringing. It all happened almost instantly. I'm pretty sure my hearing is not that good anymore either, and sounds just don't sound as sharp as they used to be.

I went to a cheap audiologist, and she detected no real problem with my hearing. I can still hear fine, it's just a bit off since the eardrops. My eardrum does not suck properly when I place the palm of my hand against my left ear compared to my right ear. If I had not done this, I would not be here today and I would have just gotten over it. The fact that it has gotten worse is the whole reason I even made this account. The white spots in my ear turned out to be scar tissue from the grommets I had as a child. I had to go all the way back to the ENT for the 3rd time since tinnitus happened to get the medicine sucked out of my left ear. It made the horrible ringing that I had in the middle of my head go away, but I was still left with a few tones. I think those tones are completely gone now.

As of writing this, I just have the hissing and the 580 Hz sine tone that fluctuates. I notice that whenever I visit a loud place or when I'm out of the house, my hissing tinnitus also turns into full on static for a bit, and the sine tone is not all that noticeable. I've had moments where the sine tone completely disappears for a bit. But it has only happened two times so far, and I'm not sure it will ever happen again. I've also had random spikes where my sine tone becomes really damn loud for a few seconds and then it goes back to baseline again. I also get ringing in my right ear as well. But that ear has had no trauma done to it. There is earwax in the right ear, but that's about it.

I frequently use my laptop, and whenever the fan starts spinning to cool the machine down, it makes a tone similar to my 580 Hz sine tone. When the fan stops spinning, my tinnitus tone sounds a lot louder. Is it possible that this might be somehow affecting my tinnitus?

2. Jupiterman

Jupiterman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden loud noise
      The fan in my PVR was affecting my tinnitus, so I opened it up and disconnected the fan.

What a relief!

I can hear the harddrive spin very quietly but that doesn't affect me.