Late Effects After NIHL (Noise-Induced Hearing Loss)?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Aaron_J, May 17, 2017.

1. Aaron_J
      Spaced

Aaron_J Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Hi all,

I had what I thought to be NIHL a few months ago in February (the ENT was not 100% convinced it was ) after I played a video game for an extended period of time at a volume that was a higher than usual (I'm going to try and replicate the volume levels and measure it using an SPL meter).

A couple weeks ago (5/6, 5/7) I had a mild case of dizziness/ vertigo randomly, along with a decrease in hand-eye coordination, my T was about the same. This has mostly resolved itself. A few days ago I had an attack for roughly 30 seconds where I was near deaf with really bad high pitched T in my left ear. Then I noticed I have had noticeably decreased hearing in my left ear in the past few days.

Last month I had slightly blurry vision with eye pressure for a few days but I just thought that might be a very late side effect of prednisone. I don't know what to attribute that too.

Has anyone experienced something similar to this after NIHL? I was was always under the impression the symptoms you experienced within the first few weeks after exposure was what you were stuck with.

I'm going to an audiologist tomorrow morning to get a second audiogram.

Now I'm worried that I will be deaf in my left year before this year is over.