Left Ear Ringing

Discussion in 'Support' started by TheLetterA, Jun 10, 2015.

1. TheLetterA

TheLetterA Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Hello, I am new to this. For the past month and a half I have had ringing in my left ear. I noticed it after I went to a concert,(I wasn't there the entire time, only 45 minutes, and there were large gaps between songs and the band just talking, I was also not near a speaker) but the ringing died down from that, however, the next two days came back. After going to the doctor she informed me that I had fluid behind my ear and prescribed me an antibiotic. The infection left, and the ringing once again subsided to being less. However, my anxiety was getting the best of me and I went to an ENT.

He informed me that I had inflamed nasal passages. There was no longer an infection, but my problems were most likely stemming from my eustachian tube and allergies. He told me that there was a 0% it was permanent, but would take some time. He prescribed me an antihistamine, and again, the ringing has continued to subside daily.

After some time though, my anxiety has been through the roof on this, as my ear still rings. I notice that the more nervous and anxious I am, the more my ear rings. When I am in a good mood, it is not there at all. Either way, I had my hearing checked and an extensive hearing test that revealed no hearing loss and I scored a 100% on it. My ENT and audiologist told me that this was good news, and that my nose was still very inflamed. They've also reassured me, multiple times it would go away. I've been having more good days without it, unless I get nervous and anxious, and cause myself a problem from it. I've been getting physically sick and anxiety and panic attacks from this. They have continued to tell me that it is not permanent and my problems are stemming from allergies which are worse this year than any year before. I just need to start believing them I suppose but was wondering if anyone had any tips on coping with anxiety and stress from this. I can feel myself getting better, the nose is fading, and I no longer have crackling in my ear or the sensation of fluid in it. I was also informed that I have a deviated septum. All of this is not allowing air flow to my ears.

Before I went to the show however, I would get a whistle here and there, and was experiencing a scratchy throat and cold symptoms.

I'm going to see a therapist next week for my anxiety. I just wish I could stop worrying about it and trust my doctors.

2. shantelle

shantelle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      Treating the depression and the anxiety should help if that is the cause. Im in the same boat but i do have some hearing loss..but when im extremely depressed and my t screams at me.

3. Mad maggot
      Breezy

Mad maggot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Seeing a therapist should help. I recommend you try a nice massage especially of neck shoulders and head and see if that helps. Whennstressednyountendnto hold all the tension in these areas and it could also contribute to your T. I hope you find a way to relieve your anxiety. If you reduce your anxiety I'm sure your T will not be as annoying. Don't worry, I'm sure it will go away but I've had a loud noise in my left ear for seven years. It gets loud enough to drown out speech and it affects my vision and makes it bounce around so that I fall and get vertigo. I have very little stress or worry over it now as I've got so used to it. I mean I'd rather it wasn't there but it's not the end of the world. I'm not a particularly brave person so I'm positive that even if your T doesn't go away once you get your anxiety under control you'll feel lots better.