Listening to Music and Tinnitus

bwspot

Author
Jun 22, 2014
Tinnitus Since
06/13/2014
I love music and I continue to listen to it at low levels 70-75DB max.
Is it still ok to do so?
Can specific sounds affect your T even at low levels?
My T is high pitch but I love high tones a lot.
As of today I still can hear the difference between a 0-16000hz and 0-22000hz bandwidth.
For me there is more details in the high tones nevertheless the fact that my T is there.
Weird, but true.

I'm not sure.
Since my T onset I have not listened to music at all and put my headphones in the bin.
I just don't want to risk aggravating it. I do miss the music though.

Perhaps through speakers it would be safe enough though. Just keep the volume down to safe levels.

I'm not sure.
Since my T onset I have not listened to music at all and put my headphones in the bin.
I just don't want to risk aggravating it. I do miss the music though.

Perhaps through speakers it would be safe enough though. Just keep the volume down to safe levels.
That's what I am trying to figure out.
What levels are safe? Is 70-75 safe? I noticed that outside my house where people talk in pubs, restaurants, even streets it is always more then 80-85db which is enough to harm our ears! Seems like it is just too loud everywhere.

That's what I am trying to figure out.
What levels are safe? Is 70-75 safe? I noticed that outside my house where people talk in pubs, restaurants, even streets it is always more then 80-85db which is enough to harm our ears! Seems like it is just too loud everywhere.

I really don't think that listening to music quietly through headphones 60-75 DB is going to harm your tinnitus. Those levels of noise are completely safe for your hearing. I don't know what I would do all day If I couldn't listen to my music through headphones. The second I switch them on my anxiety and stress drop down by 10 levels.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now