Long-Time Sufferer First-Time Poster

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jay9/13, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Jay9/13
      Wishful

Jay9/13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1990 +/-
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High Fevers as a Infant
      Hi..Jay here..
      A lil history..I have had hearing loss in my left ear since an infant when I had several week long high fevers and confined to a hospital, Dr. had no I idea what cause the fevers.
      I have had T for the past 20-25 years..started with a low sound (like a truck drove up the drive way)
      about 10 yrs. ago ..a higher tone chirp (like a 100 crickets) started
      The past year or so..the sound is so loud that I cannot hear much at all and it drowns out speech even in my good ear.
      I have to turn up the volume on the TV about 25% higher to hear, which makes it too loud for other family members.
      About 18 months ago I purchased a high end, programmable hearing aide $2500.00 and it turned out to be a very expensive ear plug..It amplified the sounds I could hear (highs and Lows) but reduced the middle range sounds ( speech) so I was constantly removing it to hear people that were talking to me.
      It did ZERO for the T.
      Last several months the noise has gotten so loud that my ear aches..and my overall hearing is worsening.
      I also noticed my teeth have become more sensitive.
      I had a cold about the time this started and wondering if it might be caused by a sinus infection, have had them in the past.
      Has anyone had similar issues?
      Has anyone had help with treating with any fungals?
      Thanks and may peace come to one and all.
      Jay

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. steffievdboom

steffievdboom Member

Dear jay
      A message from me, Also suffering for several years (12)...
      I have periods the t is louder, it's stress related...
      Think for yourself what helps you feel better when the sound is loud... I know iT is not easy but your state of mind can do a lot....