Looking for Answers and Tips

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by WinterFox, Jun 24, 2016.

1. WinterFox

WinterFox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Hello, my name is William and i started having tinnitus week ago last friday when i was playing with my band without earplugs. Our drummer also has tinnutus so i should have known better but mine seems a bit different from his. I cant really mask it. I cant hear it during the day mostly but sometimes it comes with really high pitched ringing. My both ears might be ringing but i only hear it on my left ear. It also feels really stuffy and sore and sometimes it hurts. Its also pretty sensitive to high pitched sounds but not really to all sounds even if they were loud. Now the strangest part i think about my T is that i can control it at night just by breathing abit more heavyer it will completely disappear. I was also in the health center yesterday cleaning my ears in the hopes of doing something but the nurse said everything didnt come out and i should use remowax 4 days and then come back but im not sure if thats good idea if my ear isnt feeling too well right now. My appetite has also been very bad during the whole week.

I have done alot of research but i never seem to find a single story to match mine. If anyone have clue what is going on please let me know, im sort of clueless. I probably should go to see ear doctor? Should i do certain changes to my lifestyle in hopes of recovering fast asap?

2. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      @WinterFox
      step 1 - chill out on band practice for a bit.
      step 2 - go to your audiologist, and buy a pair of custom molded earplugs
      step 3 - respond here about what kind of music you play and with what instruments because its definitely more fun than talking about tinnitus.

for me, over the first 5-6 weeks the intensity has dropped dramatically. try n stay calm, I'm sure the same will happen for you.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      WinterFox

WinterFox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Ok thank you. Also Metal music with all basic elements. I play guitar. I didnt think that the music would have been THAT loud it would affect my hearing because i have been in shows way louder than our playing and i was fine after those. Of course i should never take my hearing granted.

4. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      I feel you. I played in bands through high school (also guitar) went to hundreds of shows and raves, DJ'd parties - never so much as disco tinnitus.

Happened all at once.

What kind of guitar? Got a fav?