Looking for Some Advice (Traumatic Brain Injury, What to Ask an ENT)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Kfschall, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Kfschall

Kfschall Guest

I was in head on collision late May, resulted in mild to moderate TBI and something else I can't remember atm. Talked to every doctor from trauma, to PCP, to a neurologist. I have had a white noise sound since the accident, 24/7. Kinda sounds like a speaker before you play music, that dead air sound.

So basically every doc I seen has ignored it, the neuro had a medical student do a test with a tuning fork that went no where, when said student stated he had no real experience with it.

So Tuesday I see an ENT and have this bad feeling it's going to be a waste of time, given my other recent experience with other docs.

Is there anything I should be asking my ENT, or just any advice in general. Would be appreciated.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kfschall

Kfschall Guest

This is similar to what mine sounds like if you cut the volume down a bit

CELESTIAL WHITE NOISE | Sleep Better, Reduce...

3. Asian

Asian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 weeks
      I am sorry you are having a difficult time. Even I got T from a head trauma last year in March. No there are no answers for head trauma related T like any other type of T. Neuros and ents are a waste of time. Nobody understands tinnitus and they don't give a shit about it. Period. I have left no stone unturned and basically done everything under the sun. Nothing will even touch your tinnitus believe me. Only time will help and you will habituate and come out of the misery. But it will take atleast a year. You can maybe try oral steroids or gingko and ease your tinnitus if your lucky. Antidepressants and anti anxiety meds will help if you need them, they are always an option. Join neurotalk forum its a godsent forum for us mild traumatic brain injury people. You will come to know many many things about mild tbi and vitamins and supplements you should be taking. My tinnitus after 17 months has basically remained the same, but my reaction to it is 90% reduced. I hear it all the time but I have learned to ignore it. It's a skill worth learning. Let me know if you have any questions. Good luck