Loudness Discomfort Level Test for Hyperacusis - Will It Affect My Tinnitus?

demi

Author
Benefactor
Dec 5, 2013
Tinnitus Since
12/2012
I want to look into doing this for my H, but will it affect my T???

Will the noise make things worse?

heres how lithium may help ...
Indications and Usage for Lithium
Lithium is indicated in the treatment of manic episodes of Bipolar Disorder. Bipolar Disorder, Manic (DSM-III) is equivalent to Manic Depressive illness, Manic, in the older DSM-II terminology.

Lithium is also indicated as a maintenance treatment for individuals with a diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder. Maintenance therapy reduces the frequency of manic episodes and diminishes the intensity of those episodes which may occur.

Typical symptoms of mania include pressure of speech, motor hyperactivity, reduced need for sleep, flight of ideas, grandiosity, elation, poor judgment, aggressiveness, and possibly hostility. When given to a patient experiencing a manic episode, Lithium may produce a normalization of symptomatology within 1 to 3 weeks.

I want to look into doing this for my H, but will it affect my T???

Will the noise make things worse?

Like Magpie said, you may experience a temporary increase in loudness, but it will go away. It's not an unpleasant test. Have it done, especially if you have H. It will give them a baseline for what you can tolerate now and refer to it in the future. Often hyperacusis does lessen over time.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now