Low and High Pattern Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Thongjy, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Thongjy
      Balanced

Thongjy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure
      Anyone have experience with T that changes from day to day? Mine have a pattern something like very low T (have to look for it) for a couple of days and when it is super low that day I expect next day will not be as low but slightly louder.

Another pattern is when it is loud compared to other low days, I expect the next day to be super low T days.

There is one day I took a single normal panadol 500mg and the next 3 days was super low days.

Anyone have similiar experience? What is the thing that can promote a super low days? if we can figure that out, then we can works towards always low days.

2. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      Lots of people in here have low and high days.
      Figuring out a common cause that promotes super low days would pretty much be like figuring out how to solve T.
      As you can understand, nobody has figured that out.

3. Joshua

Joshua Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who knows?
      I'm having a high day today, after a few days where I thought my T was diminishing. It sounds like a lot of people have that. What's keeping me going today is the expectation is that I'll have other days where it's low enough to ignore, and that eventually it will either fade or I'll habituate.

4. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      I have high and low days. Today is high, last few were low. Though I do notice it more when high, I \ pretty much ignore it and carry on my day. The only thing with it being high is that I may notice it more frequently throughout various points of the day, then I just forget about it. On low days, I usually don't even notice I am not thinking about my T, I am just not. That all comes in time with habituation--which is you have T, you notice it still but you just don't really care about it much any more. Not saying that you wouldn't want it gone, just that it's not that high on the scale of importance any longer.

5. Brianna
      No Mood

Brianna Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No clue - too many causes.
      Yes, I go through similar experiences day-to-day. Yesterday, for the first time in ages (years or months, I don't remember) my tinnitus in one part of my brain was barely there. But I wore my cochlear implant (to allow sounds in) doing everything, including mowing the weeds. At night, I knew not to count my blessings, it wasn't there after removing the implant prior to bed but hours later it came back and drove me fairly bananas. It all comes and goes.

• Creative Creative x 1
    6. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:

There are things I can control (get plenty of sleep, don't drink too much booze, don't sit/stand in bad posture for a long time, don't go to really loud events). There are also things I can't control (clenching my jaw when I'm stressed out is something I have some control over, but it's a natural tendency and it's hard to stop doing it 100%).

I think that it's wise to avoid obvious things that make it worse, but, past a point, trying to figure out what ever little variable is, just makes you spend a lot of time obsessing over the noise, which isn't helpful.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Thongjy
      Balanced

Thongjy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure
      Same. Thanks.

8. Kathi
      Balanced

Kathi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/30/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      HFHL and stress
      Like @erik I have high and low days...recently I've had four low days in a row twice...a first. Not sure if it means anything. I gave up trying to figure tinnitus out. On high days I notice my tinnitus more often but I just continue on--I'm not upset--I don't react emotionally. On low days, I hardly notice my tinnitus at all except in the morning when I first wake up. For some strange reason my morning shower brings it down. Go figure. :)

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Thongjy
      Balanced

Thongjy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure
      Same. By the way your T how old?

10. Joshua

Joshua Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who knows?
      @Thongjy, I've been reading in other threads that jaw-related pain (TMJ) can be a cause of tinnitus, and that people whose T is related to TMJ experience a waxing and waning, as well. Do you grind or grit your teeth at night? Maybe your T is caused by that? I'm going to look into this as a cause, now, I definitely grit my teeth at night. Today my T is higher and my jaw is a little sore.

11. Teri
      Caffeine

Teri Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2014
      I have high and low days with T.....as well as high and low days with ear pressure.

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Thongjy
      Balanced

Thongjy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure
      I do experience my jaw very tight when waking up which is the point of time when my T is high.

My dentist said I do grind my teeth based on the match chip off between top and bottom teeth.

When my T is highly lower jaw will be a bit sore and modulate the T sound by moving my lower jaw.