Low Rumble Is Pulsatile Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Constable85, Aug 22, 2015.

1. I find that when I stand up out of bed my ears get the blood flow whooshing sound for about 10-30 seconds that then turns into a low, bass rumble. This makes me think that the bass/rumbling sound some people have (myself included) is related to pulsatile tinnitus or, maybe more precisely, related to blood/vascular issues as opposed to hearing loss issues. Just my .02.

• Like Like x 1
    2. Blacknoise

Blacknoise Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/03/1994
      That sounds like a very valid theory, seeing that it lasts momentarily, and consistently happens in that situation.

3. wishingluck
      No Mood

wishingluck Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure, but probably acoustic trauma
      I also have no hearing loss and my T started with very low rumble, even like a vibration. It was not there all the time, but most of the time.

My feelings, from the start, is that there has to be a clear cause and it's not hearing loss. But with all these crap doctors, it's going to be a uphill struggle to find out what is the problem.

All the best

4. japongus

japongus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Well what makes me think otherwise about my low rumble sound (I have it both with a medium-high and a high tone tinnitus), is that my low rumble used to be reactive to sounds. When it got worse and into perceivable hyperacusis too, it became constant. But for the year before that, the low rumble would turn off in absolute silence, with a latency of a second or so. So imo, mine could be a tensor tympani that's so overactive that its thumps make an overall constant rumbling sound. Furthermore, I have a startle issue where I suffer a pain and a vibration that starts and stops with sound startle, and it hurts most at startup and ends with a small latency after the sound, that's either hyperacusis or TTTS, or both.

5. wishingluck
      No Mood

wishingluck Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure, but probably acoustic trauma
      Were you able to find out if it's pulsatile? Please keep up posted