Low Tinnitus Days

Discussion in 'Dr. Stephen Nagler (MD)' started by Kathi, May 4, 2014.

1. Dr. Nagler is not answering questions.
    Dismiss Notice
    1. Kathi
      Balanced

Kathi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/30/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      HFHL and stress
      Hello Dr. Nagler,

It seems that some of us with loud, persistent T experience low T days. I was wondering if you know what causes this to happen. There is no rhyme or reason to it. At first I thought it was the Xanax that I take but then wouldn't it be low everyday? It gets so low that it's just barely a squeal and on two occasions it disappeared completely. Sleep always brings it back. I used to be terribly disappointed that it came back --then I was thankful for the respite--lately it's getting so it doesn't seem to make much difference to my day either way. Could it be our brains trying to heal?

I'm so sorry I couldn't get to Ewing to see you!

2. Dr. Nagler

Dr. Nagler Member Clinician Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994
      Hi @Kathi -

Sorry, I do not know what causes "low T days." From what I can tell, there is a lot of individual variation in that regard.

I do know this, however. The search for what causes low T days in any given case is bound to be a frustrating one - because (as I have said many times before) the only predictable thing about tinnitus is its unpredictability. Just as soon as you think you've figured out an answer, your tinnitus will change the question. So why bother?

That's the way I see it anyway.

Me, too. There were around 150 people there, including a few from TT. Would've been nice to meet you. Maybe next time.

Dr. Stephen Nagler