Low Vitamin D

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by Lisa Robinson, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Lisa Robinson
      Depressed

Lisa Robinson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      19/09/2013
      I had my blood test done a week ago and everything came back normal but my vitamin D level is low. Can explain why feel really low recently and out of it? Gradually over weeks started feeling unwell.

2. rtwombly
      Bookworm

rtwombly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I've had low D as well. Also high B-12. Hard to know if it's related to tinnitus, but I do think I'm peppier now that I've been taking 2000IU of D in the morning.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lisa Robinson
      Depressed

Lisa Robinson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      19/09/2013
      I had tinnitus before I was low but I took vitamin D in England and felt much better. Came to Australia stopped vitamin d because thought being sunny wouldn't need it.

4. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
    5. J-rod
      Frantic

J-rod Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2002
      A lot of the women in my family come back from the doctor saying they have low Vitamin D. I know it's not so much a thing about going out in the sun because these are sun loving girls. So my guess is that low Vitamin D is just a natural age related problem. If you need Vitamin D, then get Vitamin D3. I've heard of people using Vitamin D2 and it making their Tinnitus worse. Good Luck!

• Like Like x 1
    6. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      Science is just beginning to understand all the various effects of vitamin D. We all should make sure we get enough of it. Especially us in the northern hemisphere. For example in Finland, the official recommendation for adults is only 10 micrograms per day. In Canada it is 50 if I remember correctly. I eat 60-80 per day and many eat 100+ and all benefit from it.

7. conbsgc

conbsgc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      october
      if you're low on vitamin D, buy yourself some at the supermarket, just about everyone is defficient in some sort of vitamin or mineral, its nothing to worry about

8. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Try cod liver oil, helps with vitamin A and D levels.