Lunesta (Eszopiclone) 3 mg for Sleep

Discussion in 'Support' started by mike, Jul 3, 2013.

1. mike

mike Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1 1/2 months
      Has anyone used Lunesta (eszopiclone) for sleep 3 mg? If so does it make your ringing worse or does it help it.

My Hissing sound seems to have gotten worse in the last month. I thought it was getting much better but in the last month it has shot up. Been taking 2 Xanax at night and it still helps some with sleep but not with the noise that I hear when I wake up. Had Tinnitus for 1 year and 5 months now. You would think it would get better but no it has not. If anybody has got any input on this please let me know. Been on Xanax for 1 year and 2 months now. Time to get off of it.

2. Golly
      Bookworm

Golly Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2011
      I have no experience with Lunesta.

However, I would discuss the following with your doctor: wean off the Xanax, if you are simply using it as a sleep aid. Instead, consider a drug like Remeron (Mirtazapine) in low doses if sleep is an issue for you. Unlike Xanax, Remeron is not addictive. Further, it will help you sleep through the night. Xanax, on the other hand, is fast-acting and wears off quickly.

-Golly

3. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      I had sleep issues before tinnitus and used Lunesta. It's OK to take for a night every now and then but really is not meant for the long term. Even the literature says Its not meant to be taken more than two weeks straight. Ask your doc about trazodone. It's an anti depressant but being used more often now for sleep because of limited side effects. You need to give it a couple weeks to see if it works for you. If not, you can move on.