Mild Tinnitus in Right Ear for Nine Days — Looking for Answers

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Sam Martin, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Sam Martin

Sam Martin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      Hello,

I'm 23 years old. About four months ago, I was unexpectedly exposed to some very loud noise for 10-15 minutes at a concert that I assumed would be much quieter than it was. The following morning, my left ear felt very "full" and I heard an intermittent ringing in both ears -- not like tinnitus, but the kind that comes fleetingly to pretty much every one (more in the ear than in the brain).

I went to an audiologist about a month ago. She checked my hearing and enthusiastically said it was "perfect!" and that the intermittent ringing would go away. Fortunately, the fullness in my left ear is completely gone. Unfortunately, I noticed (on Christmas Eve no less) a mild ringing/hissing in my right ear. This was about 10 days ago, and it has persisted since.

It is mild, so I cannot hear it through most of the day. When I can, I only really register it as a little hissing in my hear, and can only really hear the ringing if I'm trying to sleep, or if I put my finger in my ear. Despite this, it's still very concerning, and I've had real trouble sleeping for the last 10 days -- often waking up several times in the middle of the night. I've also had a head cold for the last two weeks, which my parents insist must be its cause.

I'm wondering what people think I can expect here. I'm seeing an ENT tomorrow and another audiologist on Monday. My confusion stems from how this seems to have started literally three months after the initial loud noise. Again, it is relatively mild compared to many of the awful stories I've read on here, but it is enough to be quite bothersome and to send me into a depression.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

2. oceanofsound26
      Dreaming

oceanofsound26 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ, Neck Issues, and Accompanying Postural Deviations.
      Do your problems sleeping precede your tinnitus onset?

Sounds like you could be having transient Eustachian Tube Dysfunction. Both your eustachian tubes and sinuses drain into your throat and if your sinuses are clogged, then you eustachian tubes will not drain properly. If a hot shower clears your sinuses and reduces your tinnitus, inflammation may be a problem as well. If a hot shower helps your tinnitus, try steam inflammation. Also take heed of the advice in this thread - https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...-—-new-protocols-and-supplements-to-try.6514/.

Try the following to drain your sinuses and eustachian tubes several times a day -

MASSAGE HERE FOR SINUS DRAINAGE & UNCLOG...

20 Second Miracle Technique for Instant...

Your body is probably in fight or flight response at night because of your tinnitus. This is normal. Breathe Right Nasal Strips (https://www.cvs.com/shop/breathe-ri...oring-drug-free-extra-tan-26-ct-prodid-706470) can help open your nasal valves and assist your breathing at night. Get plenty of vitamin C, get plenty of sleep (your body cannot heal, fight infection and inflammation, and sustain an effective immune response without it), and try some Mucinex D or something similar. Give it couple of more weeks. If things do not improve, move forward with additional doc visits and explore further treatment options.

3. oceanofsound26
      Dreaming

oceanofsound26 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ, Neck Issues, and Accompanying Postural Deviations.
      Meant "try steam inhalation". Dropped the ball on that one.