Hearing Aids from Miracle-Ear Stopped My Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Marie79, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Just stopped in a Miracle-Ear out of curiosity and they fitted me with 2 hearing aids and let me test it out.

I had one hearing aid for my left ear from another place before and it just transferred the tinnitus to my right ear (CRAZY).

This place was so easy to test both ears and they let me take it home tonight to test with hearing aides in both ears.

So I laid in my bed and trapped myself in my bathroom and for the 10 minutes, no tinnitus. Just lovely waves.

The masking from my headphones seems to trap the tinnitus in my head. The hearing aids still allow regular environmental sounds in while playing the masking.

I shouldn't get too excited. I have gotten excited about progress before and thought this nightmare was over and it wasn't and the days after were so upsetting.

Nighttime will be a huge indicator. Let's see if I sleep peacefully tonight.

I will let you guys know!

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. jdjd09

jdjd09 Member

Did you have hearing loss? I assume you went to an audiologist, I'm curious how these helped with the noise?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I have a tiny bit of hearing loss but I'm still not sure if that's from the ear infection that led to the T. I have already seen 3 audiologists. This particular visit wasn't to an audiologist.

4. flkb
      Amazed

flkb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/01/2012
      Hope things went well for you.

5. Cbush

Cbush Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Age loud noise
      What happened?