Miracle Ear?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Marie79, Mar 31, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Just stopped in a miracle ear out of curiosity and they fitted me with 2 hearing aides and let me test it out.

I had one hearing aid for my left ear from another place before and it just transferred he T to my right ear (CRAZY).

This place was so easy to test both ears and they let me take it home tonight to test with hearing aides in both ears.

So I laid in my bed and trapped myself in my bathroom and for the 10 minutes,no T. Just lovely waves.

The masking from my headphones seems to trap the T in my head. The hearing aides still allow regular environmental sounds in while playing the masking.

I shouldn't get too excited. I have gotten excited about progress before and thought this nightmare was over and it wasn't and the days after were so upsetting.

Nighttime will be a huge indicator. Let's see if I sleep peacefully tonight.

I will let you guys know!

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. jdjd09

jdjd09 Member

Did you have hearing loss? I assume you went to an audiologist, I'm curious how these helped with the noise?

3. Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I have a tiny bit of hearing loss but I'm still not sure if that's from the ear infection that led to the T. I have already seen 3 audiologists. This particular visit wasn't to an audiologist.

4. flkb
      Amazed

flkb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/01/2012
      Hope things went well for you.