Mother of all Nightmares :D

Discussion in 'Support' started by AlecP, May 21, 2015.

1. AlecP
      Procrastinating

AlecP Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma (I think)
      So I woke up today after possibly the worst nightmare I've ever had (at least regarding tinnitus).

In my dream my ears were absolutely roaring, the loudest they've ever been. It was the middle of the night and as you can imagine it was preventing me from sleeping, so I got up and went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. What I saw shocked me to my very soul. A single small spider ran out of my ear and dropped into the sink. I froze transfixed by what had happened when all of a sudden the roaring in my ears got even louder and they started to hurt really badly. Then out burst HUNDREDS of tiny spiders, literally just pouring out of my ears and crawling down over my body. I let out a loud fucking scream, panicked and slipped over knocking my head on my bath which in turn caused me to wake up back into reality.

I then saw a spider run across my arm....just kidding ;) Sweet dreams guys...

• Genius Genius x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. Chelles
      Balanced

Chelles Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      @AlecP thanks now I'm going to be thinking and possibly dreaming about this :nailbiting:

3. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Haha, wow! Crazy. I had a dream the other night that my T was replaced with full on musical hallucinations, and I realized this was worse than the ringing. No spiders, though!

4. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Just curious @AlecP: You take melatonin? It may be a "natural supplement," but it can give you way freaky dreams. Thanks for sharing; I love to talk about dreams, mine and others. I believe they can be metaphors for issues we are working out in our lives. Spiders pouring out of your ears? Wow, I can relate to that.

5. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Nice...Melatonin would give me dreams but I took 5HTP for a few months and that gave me very vivid and lucid dreams nightly. Funny thing for me is I never have T my dreams.....now if I could only reverse it--have T in my dreams but not when I wake up! ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AlecP
      Procrastinating

AlecP Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don't take Melatonin, but I'm in the middle of my finals so stressed to the max haha, that's presumably why!

7. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      @AlecP ....At least when you woke up, you realized that it was just a nightmare. Although, it does sound like something out of a horror movie or the X-Files.

I slept on the beach on the island of Kauai along with some friends years ago. There was a bright moon that night and you know how the beach sand reflects the moonlight. At some point during the night the campfire we had going eventually burned out. I remember dreaming that there were some kind of large insects crawling all over me. It was so disturbing that I woke up. After waking up I still had the sensation that something was still on me. When I looked, I saw, in the moonlight, at least two large crabs crawling on me with about another 3 to 4 on the sand next to me. I jumped up while saying something in Italian! What a creepy feeling it is to wake up with critters crawling on you!...:eek:

Here is what those Kauai crabs look like:
      2319247300_6be9649947_z.jpg ...

• Funny Funny x 2
    8. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Sorry to see this thread die. I was really hoping that some more of you would share some of your really weird and scary nightmares...:LOL:

For entertainment purposes only, of course...:popcorndrink:

9. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I dont get nightmares since I got T, probably because my reality is already a nightmare!

• Agree Agree x 2
    10. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      @dan ...very sorry to learn that your T is that severe!...:(

And yet, you're one of the funniest guys on the Forum! I really admire that you have maintained such a great sense of humor in spite of living with severe T!

• Hug Hug x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AlecP
      Procrastinating

AlecP Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @jimH I gotta say that the best 'cure' I found is to just be around other people, talking, sharing and most importantly laughing!

• Agree Agree x 1