MRA Came Back: Paranasal Sinus Inflammatory Disease, but...

Discussion in 'Support' started by DougDude, May 3, 2018.

1. DougDude

DougDude Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      PT = DAVF (Cured), Regular T = Unknown, Surgery, Sound?
      So my MRI/MRA came back with paranasal sinus inflammatory disease... that is what the radiologist read it as who worked at the imaging place I went to. However, my 2nd ENT doc doesn't agree that is what's causing the PT and his nurse says he probably isn't the right guy to see. So after I thought I would get answers today from the doc and maybe some medication, I'm back to square one with nowhere to go.

I can't explain how great it felt this morning thinking I was on the path to getting better. Then to have the nurse call and basically say we can't help you.

So, anyone with experience know if this inflammatory disease could be causing it or not? It said mild mucosal thickening. I forgot where it said that, but it was in some sinus... maybe maxillary.

I'm going on 4 weeks now.

Thanks!

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      DougDude

DougDude Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Saw the doc and he said he couldn't help me. He is referring me to an otologist, but I can't get in until May 31st. I'll go crazy before then.

I feel helpless.

Wondering if the MRI/MRA they did wasn't looking for the right things. Not looking for all artery and vein issues.

Still waiting to hear back from the first ENT I saw.

3. Proteo

Proteo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Intense pressure in the inner-ear during infection
      Hiya, in your other post you mention spring-time allergies, how bad were they this time around? Did they cause any pain?

4. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      @DougDude Your sinus situation is discussed in the link that I gave you within your first thread. This can combine issues with your clenching/grinding, your jaw and bending in relation to PT. The otologist might give you amoxicillin on examination. Maybe use a mouth guard. Stay calm and see the otologist. You can probably beat this, but it will take controlling tension.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      DougDude

DougDude Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks @Greg Sacramento ... A dilated mastoid emmisary vein. I read that whole article and it sound like that could be me. Now I just have to figure out how to get someone to look for that in my MRA. I question if my MRA even has the correct images to look for that.

I broke down crying last night. I didn't know what else to do or where to turn. It kept changing volume and the type of whoosh. It would be a whoosh then go to more of a wheesh. Changed at least every 2 minutes which made it very difficult to get to sleep.

Anyway, I'm reaching out to Shapiro and the UCSF clinic as I don't know what else to do at this point.

Thanks!