Much Improved & I Think I Have Another Causative Factor?

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by B24Liberator, Jul 30, 2017.

1. B24Liberator

B24Liberator Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      G'day all. Had tinnitus about two weeks. One ear only. High-pitched whine. Hell ensued owing to insufficient sleep. When THIS occurs... it exacerbates everything!

Drank two shots of vodka and took a Benadryl tablet to sleep, and DID sleep. When I awoke I was back to being "manageable". If you wake in the middle of the night or early morning, take another Benadryl to sleep more. The day prior had been the worst day of my life... thought it was over! No really! After some sleep... MUCH better.

Been taking Zinc, Magnesium, and Nasacort (nasal steroid, over-the-counter, no prescription required). It's helping! Also... and this is a big one in my opinion... I notice that the T gets more active right after I eat. It's the BEST (i.e., can barely hear it, if at all) in the mornings... after long night of not eating! I have a gut feeling that, at least in MY case (and maybe yours) the T is a health alarm that I am consuming too much sugar! As in, maybe a warning of onset of diabetes.

Note, I am very fit and healthy 54 your old male. I get the sense that my body, by way of other mechanism (auditory/brain/whatever) is maybe sending warning signal??

To corroborate that, I HAVE improved my diet; very little meat, less cheese, less processes sh**, more of the good stuff, and the tendonitis (Achilles tendons) I've had for about eight years is GONE. Diet is very important. I am having blood work (lab) done pretty soon. I'll re-post if my suspicion is true... that I was starting to have issues and get out of balance. Long post here... but I now know what it's like to hurt, and be desperate for an answer!!!

Oh, one last thing, there's an app called "White Noise" with lots of background sounds to help you sleep or work. You can experiment to see which sound(s) are best for you. I found that the "Running Shower" is my favorite. Others can get annoying, but idea of sleeping as shower rains down on you is quite appealing. :)

Bottom line, very manageable now... and--of course--hoping it goes completely. God bless all of you... and by the way... I DID, and DO, pray... and I DO believe in that.

2. ofaisalo
      Balanced

ofaisalo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I am happy for you

-----
      regarding the way you recovered
      I am on diet for about 3 months and almost no sugar in my meals
      even I go to the GYM 4 to 5 times per week
      and still the T exist
      maybe your diet is different from mine who knows
      anyway my T is not bothering me anymore
      I still can hear it when I go to bed but it's not loud enough to make me unable to sleep
      some times once or twice maybe per month it became louder than usual
      ----
      what I noticed in general that there are some drinks that stimulate tinnitus like coffee