Mummy of Two and Tinnitus! Got a New Low Vibrating Hum Noise

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Claire1210, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Claire1210

Claire1210 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi. I'm Claire and my tinnitus started about 2 months ago. I am partially deaf in my left ear from a young child. I remember the doctors saying tinnitus. I have recently gained this low vibrating hum in my right ear. I think it's from a night out, came home and played some big bass music very loud (super stupid now). Since homing in on this noise I think I have awoken a noise I have always had which is a very high pitched whistle. It's the low one that irritates me the most.

I went to the doctors to which I broke down in tears (because I feel preoccupied around my babies) to which I was asked if I was crying because I thought I had a brain tumor because I would be silly to think that. I wasn't even thinking about brain tumors. Anyway she told me to get on with it cause there's no cure. This was two weeks ago. I rang the doctors two days OK to ask if I have been referred, apparently I have but it's just sat with reception.

I have been is such a dark place in my mind and I know my children are the only thing keeping me going at the moment.

I'm meant to be taking my family to a family festival but I'm so paranoid of making things worse.
      I have started doing yoga which I enjoy. And going to be learning mindful meditation.

How do other people manage children and tinnitus?

Does anyone else suffer from the drone noise?

• Hug Hug x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. annV
      Fine

annV Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown - possibly hereditary
      @valeri has children and she suffers from the drone noise.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. dayma
      Pacman

dayma Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      UNKNOWN
      I have a teenage daughter. Managing my health and staying / being here for her has been a challenge. No doubt. I am lucky that I got this as she is more self sufficient now.

I have been in the exact same place as you. Staying positive and around for your children is important. I wish you luck but I do not have any magic answer on how I do it. I just get through each day and hope for better one the next morning.

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Claire1210

Claire1210 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @dayma i try so hard to be present and enjoy them but I am easily distracted and then I get stuck in the noise zone worrying about waking up and the noise been louder. I'm so scared.

5. dayma
      Pacman

dayma Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      UNKNOWN
      I don’t personally get scared. I get depressed. If you are afraid the T will get worse it may be self defeating as things like stress/anxiety could make it worse. When you are with your kids does it help distract you at all?

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Claire1210

Claire1210 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @dayma yes they do distract me but then when I'm enjoying the moment my mind goes oops you can't have fun listen to the noise and feel like your alone. Sounds ridiculous I know.

7. dayma
      Pacman

dayma Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      UNKNOWN
      It’s not silly. Don’t let anyone ever tell you that. These are your emotions and feelings. Nobody can judge that.

My 2 cents. Just be smart with your ears. Don’t go to extremes and worry about every noise. This is always a hot topic on this forum and will get a tons of mixed opinions. Find what works best for you and learn what makes your T better or worse and go with that.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Claire1210

Claire1210 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @dayma thankyou so much x

• Hug Hug x 1
    9. Backpacker

Backpacker Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL
      I have a drone. Some other noises too. No kids though.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Claire1210

Claire1210 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Backpacker is it constant? Have you got any tips?

11. Backpacker

Backpacker Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL
      For me it's constant in closed spaces. When I keep the window wide open I hear it less. Outside I don't hear it. So if your volume is similar as mine that could work for now. Or some background music, like your favourite radio station or something, but not loud, just to cover up the silence. I heard somewhere magnesium could be good but I don't remember where I read it. Anyway it's just a supplement and I don't think it could hurt.

• Hug Hug x 1
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Claire1210

Claire1210 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Backpacker are you tried magnesium? I think my in at the same level sometimes It can be louder when I'm watching tele but I think that's where I am looking for it.

13. MarkX

MarkX Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have a 3 year old and a new born. It kills me and I’m very emotional that I’m like this now for them. I cry everyday still because I feel I’ll never be the father for them that I was just 5 months ago. It’s the saddest part of all this.

• Hug Hug x 7
    14. marko1103
      No Mood

marko1103 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Start
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Don't beat yourself up. I am also kinda in a situation as you are. It isn't easy but I am trying to keep positive outlook for the future. There is big chance it will get better in the next following months ;)

15. foam

foam Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have 6 year old a 4 year old and one on the way, I've been so not present for them this last month since I got tinnitus. It's by far the worst thing about it. All I want is to be able to pay them attention

• Hug Hug x 1
    16. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Daniel Lion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma, hearing loss
      Hey foam, don’t worry.
      Lots of us here are parents with little kids.
      You can, and will have to, explain your condition to your kids.
      It sucks, but the love you have for them and them for you trumps tinnitus.
      Keep ear plugs around, and give your kids a big hug and kiss.
      Tell them to be careful around your ears.
      Go to bed with them, have a read, a cuddle, watch a cartoon.
      Hope things get better... you can do it.

• Like Like x 2
      • Friendly Friendly x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Claire1210

Claire1210 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @foam i go out all the time and always try and keep my focus on my children but it just steers me away all the time. Just want to be normal again. Find myself jealous of everyone laughing and having fun probably hearing silence in between their conversations. I hope my brain will rewire my thought process.

• Like Like x 1
    18. Candy

Candy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unidentified
      @Claire1210 been there... can identify but it will get better.
      I have recently had a setback and the stupid sounds keeps on changing. Other than that I was coping. Of course in the beginning I thought our life was ruined but after 3 years of listening to the same sound (sometimes lower sometimes higher) I had no emotional reaction to it except being a bit down here and there and worrying it would get worse.

Life is not ruined but has changed and most people get used to the new normal.

You will enjoy being a mum again x

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    19. Mymlan

Mymlan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I have this noise too, and I’m a mum. Actually I have two low humming sounds together with my high pitch noises. It’s making me worried. I just hope they will go away :(

• Hug Hug x 2
    20. all to gain
      No Mood

all to gain Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      Your situation is exactly the same as mine! I keep wanting to go back in time, and I can't yet accept my new reality.
      Hopefully things will get better. Every day is a challenge at the moment.

• Hug Hug x 1
    21. Shaqz

Shaqz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/10/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      @Backpacker you are the first person I heard explain my tinnitus to the T which is crazy because I haven’t found one person with tinnitus like mine.