Mums

Discussion in 'Support' started by nomoredreaming, Jul 11, 2018.

1. nomoredreaming

nomoredreaming Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      tmj
      My tinnitus is so loud these days I can hear it above everything, my hearing is muffled and the right due to my jaw I've taken OTC meds to help with inflammation nothing is working.

I'm struggling to parent my children and cope with life. I really do feel like I don't wanna be here, how do you mommy's deal with tinnitus and children?

And at the same time keep your man happy.

Lots of advice and tips plz

• Hug Hug x 8
    2. Static Sophie 73

Static Sophie 73 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication
      It's tough parenting young kids even without T. Have you spoken to a counsellor? Sounds like you do need some professional help to get you through this stressful season. I'm glad we had one child - I could not have coped with anymore than that.

You husband needs to be ensuring that he is being sensitive to your needs right now while you navigate through all this. Put your needs first - all will fall into place from there.

3. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Personally I’m just like you, pushing through each and every day with head filled with same thoughts!
      This damn thing has robbed me of every pleasure in life and I often feel like a burden to my family.
      I have no tips, you know it all already:(

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. Michellejean

Michellejean Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/1/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus/ no clue
      Hey I’m a mommy too. I just try to take it one day at a time. If it WERENT for my daughter I’d be planning my suicide. I thank God she is keeping me alive. I’m so sorry for what you are going through and wish I could give better advice. Just try to focus on your babies so much you fight the t

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    5. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      There is no group of T sufferers that I feel more sorrow and compassion for than mothers with severe T that are still raising young children. They require so much attention and care. I know because I raised three.

One of the saddest posts I read a couple of years ago was a young mother with two very young children who had to go into her bedroom and close the door just to be able to cry without them seeing her. They would knock on the door and call to her. She would try her best to wipe away the tears and to hide the fact that she had been crying. As you can see, her post made such an impression on me that I still think of her.

I sincerely hope that your situation will improve in the very near future.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    6. Nics2drescue
      Inspired

Nics2drescue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi,

I feel your pain. I have a 2yr old. My baby was less than 1 when my T initially started. It was hell but I have to say my little one was a great distraction from my T and I think she helped in a way to take my mind off it. I recently habituated and life was good and I was happy again but just recently am going through a bit of a rough patch. Although it's hard now trust me it does get easier. I read that same line over and over in my initial stages "it will get easier" and I never thought it would but it DOES. IT REALLY DOES. Don't be too hard on yourself. Like the others said it's hard enough raising a child without T. But just take it one day at a time and maybe go see your GP regarding anti depressants as you are going through a rough time and need assistance. It will get better. It's not always going to be like this and you won't always feel like this. You'll be doing yourself and your baby a favour by going to see your doctor and explaining how you feel. Once you start talking to your doctor you will feel better. Your not alone. Keep your chin up. X

• Like Like x 1