Music Therapy

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by object16, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Freddie
      Worried

Freddie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      27/11/2013
      Hi all, can anyone suggest for me please what is the best tool to use to check what my frequency would be as I really don't have any idea and the last two weeks have been dreadful, although I am trying not to let it get too me i really am finding it hard at the moment. I want to have a look at the notched music theory anything to help me so any suggestions please on how best to check my frequency level would be much appreciated.

Thanks

2. poopoo

poopoo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      it is only the ENT will able to check the frequency? I need to know that too...

3. SoulStation
      No Mood

SoulStation Member Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / Possible Medication
      Try
      Generalfuzz.net/acrn
      You can hit play single frequency and drag the slider up and down till you match it. I find putting a finger to plug my ear helps me hear the tone more clearly.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      object16
      Magical

object16 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      overuse of hearing protection, plus noise
      so i tried to "experiment" with cannabis, to see if that would "enhance" the effect of music. i took some pretty strong shit, and two tokes sent me flying on an unbelievable trip, something i had never experienced before, even i met Jesus on the trip, ferchristsakes, so now i know where that "burning bush" in the Bible comes from. anyway... it didn't make the tinnitus any better at all, actually it got somewhat worse, and i took a couple of days to recover from my "trip", and the tinnitus has still not settled down to where it was before. my only other "hope" is for a CBD strain of cannabis, possibly the THC is not good for me. ??? i am so depressed.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      object16
      Magical

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi, I am checking in on my lonely thread. Not much has been happening for me. I had some initial improvement, which has held steady, and my meds are less than before. As you can see, my cannabis experiment went nowhere. Maybe a strain with CBD might help - i'll wait and see if i can get some. Otherwise, I'm just poking along, not accomplishing too much.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      object16
      Magical

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm gradually getting better. i tried augmenting the music with cannabis, and at first the cannabis seemed to increase the tinnitus, but this didn't scare me, because i have nothing to lose, and so i persisted, making sure the cannabis was at a low enough dose. it has let me get totally off of seroquel, and now i am working on getting off of mirtazapine. my plans are for only cannabis and lyrica. i find lyrica "balances" some of the "trippy" aspects of the cannabis, and lately, i'm getting up in the morning feeling pretty good and energetic.

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. Franklin Baer

Franklin Baer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1980s
      Is there a live link in March 2015 to the files described above? I've tried making my own notched music based on a 4000 db "notching" so those describe here might work for me. I'd sure like to give it a try if a live link to them can be re-posted.

8. Magpie87

Magpie87 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Combo of power tools and loud music
      Does anyone use music to block out tinnitus with headphones? Im worried about making my tinnitus worse by using headphones too much, but when im alone it really helps mask the noise. Do other people here listen to music through headphones or speakers mainly?

9. C.M

C.M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      House music, heavy machinery
      Object16, Thank you!!
      Hi, I'm C.M at the age of 52 hear I am the tinnitus is definitely getting worse I'm now wearing hearing aids that are the mask the sound of the wave that I'm missing. I don't sleep at night it is insomnia so I take sleeping pills and have for years the doctor told me hope your back that I was slowly losing my hearing and within five years I would have no hearing at all. That was two years ago and slowing my hearing leaving me and I'm disgusted with myself. I have not really tried anything thinking the doctor was right, I was wrong. Now I'm coming into the notched music I play what I can find on the internet because I don't know how to do not music myself and not text savvy. Everything I read says notched music about it and I'm starting to believe in it you give me hope and I thank you for that in a world where all I hear is ringing constant non-stop everyday for 30 years even in my sleep I'm going to give this notched music a try hell I'm going to give anything a try right now but I wanted to say thank you after reading all your stuff I'm pretty much at the end of my rope with this noise my God it never stops.
      Thank you again

• Hug Hug x 1
    10. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma