My dizziness, ear pain etc...

Discussion in 'Support' started by ajg, Jan 18, 2014.

1. ajg
      Insomnious

ajg Member

I had my third consult yesterday.
      All agree that I have Eustachian Tube Dysfunction.
      Went to an audiologist and had an hours worth of testing.
      My results were/are my hearing is excellent just a notch below that of a child's hearing... although my right ear is a bit muffled in sound than my left ear.
      My left ear is my better ear for sound.

The dizziness is pretty much gone completely due to taking 10mg of claritin daily. I've been taking this for a little less than 2 weeks now and feel so much better . The ear pain isn't as severe and is slowly going down.

The tinnitus still remains but comes & goes as far as loudness. Or maybe the loudness is always the same but is masked by daytime/environment noises.
      No tumors either.

2. Logan
      Stressed

Logan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Glad to hear you are doing good and have near perfect hearing. What symptoms do you have from the ETD because I think I may have that too.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ajg
      Insomnious

ajg Member

my initial symptom was sharp stabbing pain in my right ear which lasted almost a month. I was checked out as everything looked normal. no redness/infection. Then came the dizziness/imabalance.
      Then the tinnitus- well the loudness of it as I have always had tinnitus but not this loud- in my left ear- not my right as odd as that seems. And am constantly blowing my nose.