My Ears Are Throbbing!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jamie m, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Jamie m
      Loved

Jamie m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      Last night I had Mexican food ( nobody is going to take that from me... I'm from Texas!!!) anyways I don't know if it had anything to do with it but I had a huge spike, it's gone down now to baseline but my ears are throbbing and hurting.... Like they feel full. In the mornings, my t isn't loud at all. Then around 2 everyday it turns into the devil. What's up with that? Anywho, does anyone else have their ears throb and just ache. Thanks !

2. Path Maker

Path Maker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      You may find that some foods increase the volume. It seems to be very individual, as in some can tolerate coffee and others can't, etc. Head on over to the Alternate Treatments area and take a look at the thread on gluten, glutamates, etc. Lots to read, but you may find as time goes on that some adjustments will be helpful. And fear not! There will always be some foods you love that you decide to keep eating, or creative ways to make your favorite foods be okay. For instance, let's say that wheat causes spikes. Then you just ask the restaurant to replace the flour tortillas with corn tortillas. (Had to stick to your TexMex leanings here! :) ).

• Like Like x 1
    3. Ears Hurt

Ears Hurt Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Whiplash or Buzzer (abuse from ex)
      Yes. My ears throb. It feel like they are vibrating on their own sometimes which makes the tinnitus worse. I've tried everything to get rid of that feeling and it still happens frequently.

4. Steven Cee

Steven Cee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/feedback
      Me, too. And that's even more aggravating and distracting than the sounds. It feels like something's in it, or moving on the edge of my ear canal. Plus, my ear constantly aches, and has been from the night of way too loud music/feedback that caused this mess. I've gone to a doctor already, and he didn't find anything physically wrong, so I don't know quite what to do..

5. Ears Hurt

Ears Hurt Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Same thing on my part. Yes, it is a terrible combination with the noise and the vibrating sensation. It like your ears vibrating are causing the noise or the noise is causing the vibration. I've been to 5 different ENT doctors, 3 internal medicine doctors, a neurologist, and they all tell me "your ears are fine". AHHH no my ears are NOT fine. I am miserable and can't sleep anymore. I've tried heat, cold, steam... Anything to get the vibrations to calm down and nothing. Our medical system doesn't seem to have a clue about ears and hearing. Its scary that we can grow a heart, but we can't do anything when it comes to hearing which impacts more of the population and their livelihood.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      @Ears Hurt

You said you tried everything to calm the vibrations... Does that include some sort of muscle relaxer like Orphenadrine citrate or (preferably) Cyclobenzaprine?
      Heat, cold and steam are nice for taking a shower, not treating a potentially complex condition.

7. Ears Hurt

Ears Hurt Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I was on flexeril and valium at one point. I am not sure if the medicine you mentioned would be any different, but I will bring them up to my doctor. My doctor never wants to prescribe anything. I ask for one medicine and he gives me something different.

8. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      Flexeril = Cyclobenzaprine.
      It's probably the most effective muscle relaxant, if that didn't work then it's probably not a muscle issue.
      Maybe talk Gabapentin/Pregabalin with your doc? They're usually prescribed for neuropathic pain but what the hell. Talk it over with him, I mean having a physical sensation alongside the T should be something that could be diagnosed?

9. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      im Mexican, and i love my mexican food spicy,
      may is the salt?

• Winner Winner x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jamie m
      Loved

Jamie m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
    11. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Queso :love:

• Like Like x 1
    12. aniketpatil
      Balanced

aniketpatil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Sometime I feel like my ears thumping and I can feel my heart beats can't hear actually but I can feel it near ears if I sleep on one ear.

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jamie m
      Loved

Jamie m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
    14. aniketpatil
      Balanced

aniketpatil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      It comes and goes for me . Its rarely there sometimes . One time in a day. Only thing that is driving me crazy is floaters.

15. Paul82
      Balanced

Paul82 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus Infection / Stress
      How long have you had floaters for Aniketpatil?

16. aniketpatil
      Balanced

aniketpatil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      It's been Month may be

17. Paul82
      Balanced

Paul82 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus Infection / Stress
      Mines been a few weeks now. Im seeing an opticians today.
      Have you had your eyes checked?

18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jamie m
      Loved

Jamie m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      @Paul82 no, should I? I wear contacts and I always have had a problem with my left eye dilating.

19. Paul82
      Balanced

Paul82 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus Infection / Stress
      Right, the opticians has referred me to the NHS to have a neuro-ophthalmological examination in 2 weeks, to see if I'm showing signs of early Papilledema. I've been suffering headaches and achy eyes. I told him I have recently developed T and he told me to mention this at the hospital!
      Life is fun at the moment hey! :p

20. aniketpatil
      Balanced

aniketpatil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      How much are they ?

21. Paul82
      Balanced

Paul82 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus Infection / Stress
      Over here in the UK its free mate! Thank god for the NHS!

22. slipware
      Bookworm

slipware Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Old thread but relevant.

I have had T 5 years, but recently my eardrum has got retracted, and fluid behind the ear drum. And boy, it aches and feels full! I've been given steroid nose drops to try and alleviate it. Arrggghh.

23. slipware
      Bookworm

slipware Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Further to my post above.

Since having the drops in my nose, my ear is doing something horrid. I guess something is happening. When I speak, my voice is making a very high pitch squeal in time with my voice. Very unsettling. Anybody else?