My Four Month Anniversary

Discussion in 'Support' started by Sheamus, May 30, 2017.

1. Sheamus
      Fine

Sheamus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      February
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Insomnia, stress and sleep medication
      Four months ago this morning I awoke with ringing in my ears, triggered by my stress and sleep medications. I can't honestly say it has gotten better, but I can say my attitude towards it is improving. I no longer scream into my pillow at night, which is a relief to my long suffering English cocker spaniel. I am not yet habituated. I still can't help focusing on the sound, even now as I am typing. But my progress so far makes me hopeful I will habituate eventually, given time.

I am writing because a lot of my hope, and a lot of comfort, has come from reading the positive and empathetic messages shared by this forum. On my very loud days, I turn to the "positive thread" and "success stories," and it does help. So, I just want to sincerely thank everyone for sharing your messages of encouragement and hope.

• Hug Hug x 5
    2. jjflyman

jjflyman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise (Concert)
      If I could give any advice it would be don't give up hope. I did a lot of research and found studies that state the vast majority of Tinnitus resolves itself within 6-18 months. Being that there is no real "reason" for your T (injury,illness,trauma) It stands to reason it will resolve itself. Research any recent new meds or dietary changes that may be causing it. I truly believe it will eventually fade away.

• Like Like x 2
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sheamus
      Fine

Sheamus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      February
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Insomnia, stress and sleep medication
      Bless your heart, ijflyman. I was on a combination of wellbutrin, advil pm and hydroxyzine. Each has low incidence of tinnitus individually, but the combination did me in. The nurse who encouraged me to take all these meds together has since left the clinic. I am now only on mirtazapine to help me sleep, and that has no history of "T". Thank you again for your incredibly hopeful message. I hope others who are reading this post, and in a similar situation, see it as well.

• Like Like x 1