My Girlfriend Cheated on Me!

Discussion in 'Support' started by orbiter12, Jul 15, 2017.

1. orbiter12

orbiter12 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      18/03/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud club
      A few weeks ago I made a post about my girlfriend leaving me.

Well I've actually found out it was because she cheated on me. I'm trying to get past it but I can't with tinnitus.

My friends and family are very supportive but I just feel hopeless. I tried to go to a pub last night with all my friends but it was very busy 80-90 dB on my db meter. I wore musician 19 dB plugs then switched to foam plugs 27 dB plugs 15 minutes after for another 15 minutes then left with my T still spiked to unbearable levels.

I've been having unbearable pain in my right ear that an ENT said is from most likely wearing earplugs but my ear canal seems fine.

I went to ENT and broke down telling them everything and they've put me in for urgent TRT and CBT as well as prescribed amitriptyline and citalopram but I've read storied of them making people's T worse or actually causing T!

What antidepressants can I take that will have 0% chance of making it worse.

My girlfriend I can get over... I just want my social life back but I can't without making T worse. All my friends are going to Magaluf and to a few festivals in the summer which I can't go to. Would be a lot easier to get over the cheating bitch (who I was with for 2 years!).

I trusted this girl so much we were so happy before T. I saw her everyday we went for meals holidays and activities together and I thought she was perfect. She said she's sorry but me being depressed changed her into seeking attention from other people.

Life is cruel. I'm only 20.

• Hug Hug x 8
    2. 3ri0w

3ri0w Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2012, H 2016, 12/2018(?)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noises, ringing came back 12/2018 after 1year of silent
      Dang sorry man :( There is other social life than festivals and pub life man...you can spend time at home (cheaper to drink too) and outside in parks etc..so you can control the volume etc

Why can't you go to Magaluf? It's in Mallorca right? Can't you travel by airplane

3. Sam Bridge

Sam Bridge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      Is the pub playing loud music, or a band on? If so its probably too loud without plugs but i go regularly to pubs and its fine.

4. Wojtek Kalka
      Badass

Wojtek Kalka Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Very loud concert.
      Well if your health is more important to you than pubs, find another social life, if not go go back to the pubs and expect the tinnitus to spike.

I think if these are real friends they will understand and do something else with you. I can't go to concerts either all my good friends understand the situation and they ask if I join before and after only.

Life is not cruel in your case, when a three year old child starves to death because there is no water and food around that is cruel.

And if you call a girl you have been together for two years a cheating bitch, you should IMHO really work on your attitude. It shows really bad manners talking bad about ex partners. She has the right to be with whoever and if you ever loved her you are happy that she is happy now with whoever ...

You rarely can change the cards you get in life, but you can change the way you play the..

If pubs are nogo for you know find something else that you love or create new ways if none exists ..

Just my five cent

All the best
      Wojtek

• Agree Agree x 2