My Tinnitus Got Worse

Discussion in 'Support' started by Bjarne, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Bjarne

Bjarne Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noide
      Hi everyone,

I have been having T for a few months now and I had it under control until recently at a birthday party I had to pop some balloons since then my T got louder and I can now hear it over everything, does anyone have some advice or experience, will it get better?

2. Samzen

Samzen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2012
      If you have tinnitus you have to seriously take better care of your ears from now on otherwise it will keep getting worse. Stay away from very loud noises and music from now on. Use ear protection, carry them with you at all times just in case you need them.

Being worried can make your tinnitus louder, anxiety, stress all makes it louder. Give it time, try to relax and not freak out and see what happens. It might be louder but your stress is making it even louder, once you relax you should be able to get it under control again but it might take some time.

Take loud noises and loud music seriously and avoid them. Even using ear plugs isn't enough when things are super loud because your ears are already damaged.

Like I said it will take time to readjust. People do habituate to loud tinnitus. I hope yours settles down.

• Like Like x 1