My Tinnitus Has Spiked Really Loud :(

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jade, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Jade
      Lucky

Jade Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/07/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Genetics, Beats by Dre, Work
      Hi Guys,

My T has spiked and its very loud has been for the last 10 mins...I'm concerned, very! All day my ears have been achy and my left ear had been having a blocking (noise silencing and full feeling) on and off all day its really weird and now my T has just spike after being really stressed for the last hour.... I'm am going to try and find a Dr to go to tomorrow to look in my ears as I may have some fluid or something going on in there as my ears sometimes feel tickly/ itchy like water or fluid is trickling inside of them (sounds stupid right) and also the other day when I flew to work I had a WHOLE 5+ hrs of peace and quiet T free!! of course it came back to the normal state when I woke in the morning but surely if we can have a moment of peace with T there can be something done because surely if its damaged and damaged permanently how can we have silence for even a second?? It just doesn't make sense, so I am living in hope that there is a cure to be found out there, I just pray that this spike dies down..... haven't had a spike for so long before but I have only had T for 15 days solid, any reassurance or info would be appreciated, hope your all having a better day then I am :arghh:

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jade
      Lucky

Jade Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/07/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ok major freak out over!! My T has returned to previous level, the spike was just that a spike must have been due to a stress overload.. PHEWWW

However do any of you guys experience symptoms of on or both your blocking up and becoming quiet for a moment or two (tinnitus still present in the ear though)??

Thanks in advance

3. Dhaval
      Buzzed

Dhaval Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 months
      Hi

Well i have had this same feeling in both my ears on and off ever since i got T (about 4 months). more in the past week or so. on and off the hearing would go down and then would become normal again (about 3-4 secs). just like you i have been having a bit of pressure in both ears...nothing like screaming pressure...just sort of achy though bearable....my T only spiked for those 3-4 secs and its been sort of different tones too.....and sometimes without the T increasing.....about 3 episodes in the left ear and 2 in the right...... I have tried asking the docs about it....they have no clue of what i am goin on about.......having said that you should probably go to a doc and see what he says.

just out of curiosity....how did yours start....mine may be a cmbination of an infection and music and drugs and Nuritis which may or may not be related (ya i kno went to 10 docs none of whome were able to tell what happened)....although a standard audiogram upto 8K says my hearing is normal....i have experienced hyperacuosis in the lower frequencies in my left ear and higher frequencies in the right ear.....similarly I have multiple tonal tinnitus in both ears...more in the right then the left.

It wou;d be great if others shared their T stories and if they've experienced any of what were goin through.....HANG IN there, take plenty of vitamins B (group )C And E ...get a good nutrient suppliment...try cellgivity, i am using it and contains most of what us T ppl need....also get a substiue for DHA.....all these are supposed to help prevent damage....although we may no be able to und what has happened atleast we can protect whats left.

Take care and keep us posted.
      Dhaval

• Like Like x 1
    4. Miss lavender

Miss lavender Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/01/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus
      Hi Jade,
      Yes I get this every now and again. In fact I had two/ three times last week. However before that I hadn't experienced this
      for a few months. I think it's just one of those things that happen with tinnitus and cannot be explained. When this used to
      happen to me in the beginning I would freak out also. You will find as time passes this also will become a non event.
      Keep your chin up... Things will get better.

• Like Like x 1
    5. jes
      Familiar

jes Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      what i know its the lymfe system that do not drain enough.in that case i avoid milk and sugar jes

• Like Like x 1
    6. Per

Per Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      @Jade

I have cramp sensations that seems to be coming from the inner ear, it sound like something is crushing and I can provoke that feeling if I hold the flip of the ear, rub it and then release it. Sometimes I also feel these cramps with no crunching sensations, there is definitely something physical going.

• Like Like x 1
    7. Per

Per Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      @Dhaval

Could you please share how you found out that your hyperacusis is in the lower frequencies in your left ear and higher frequencies in the right ear? Did you go to an audiologist? I'm fighting H myself and I'm trying to identify my T frequency cause I believe that would help me finding out where my H threshold is. From multiple reasons I have only been to an ENT surgeon but will be able to approach further medical assessment in late September I guess. In the meantime I'm trying to be brave about my H and expose myself for everyday environmental sounds.

8. Dhaval
      Buzzed

Dhaval Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 months
      @Per
      Well for the most part it's observations. I hav not had my tinnitus assessment done yet. But I will probably next week.

In terms of exposure make sure you expose your self to as diverse a range of sound as possible and make a slow and steady approach to increasing the loudness. As soon ad it sounds too harsh try braving bit but dont over do it...that will help. In doing so u might also observe what exactly you r hyperacuitic to

Cheers
      Dhaval

9. DezDog
      Angry

DezDog Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2009
      I definitely get periods where I think it's a lot louder, but I'm sure it's mostly a perception thing. Luckily it's rare that it distresses me. I still wonder if caffeine, stress, sleep are factors, but can't find a definite causal link.

• Like Like x 1
    10. Dhaval
      Buzzed

Dhaval Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 months
      Hey dezdog

Well ya I agree sometimes it does...but as it stands Now things seem loud....butvi don't think it's just perception.....coz it makes me cringe almost......what happens to your t wen you perceive more loudness.....mine just seems to colour everything...it's very high like 13.5 k

Just a passing suggestion....I think there should be a section just for all if us to describe our Ts. I am sure it will prove helpful in comparing coping methods.

Take care
      Dhaval

• Like Like x 1
    11. Per

Per Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      @Dhaval,

Today I've been out walking again, trying to adjust my H to environmental sounds. Yes, I'm trying to do this gradually, I wouldn't cope with more than that anyhow. Today I tried to position myself right outside a tropic birds cage that they have on display in a park, inside there are many tropic birds that generates all sorts of high pitched sounds. My "trouble areas" are definitly the higher to mid range frequency, but it all boils down to decibel as well. Females shouting is very hard, because you have the strong power of midrange in addition to the higher notes. Kids screaming or crying is terrible. Today I tried to expose myself for small kids running in the park and those whistling tropical birds. I was outside for a little over 3 hours.

I don't know for sure but it seems like my threshold is a tad better now than just a week ago. Perhaps I'm on my way to habituate. But then again, I haven't been to an airport or inside a closed environment with children yet. Sometimes I pick up a knive and drop it onto some hard surface or another metal object, just to hear if my H can handle it better. I've had T/H for over almost 1 1/2 months now and the H started in a sneaky fashion and then increased every day, as of today the H seems to be a tad better. I choose to believe so. When it comes to the T however, it is mostly louder than anything else, but when I mingle with people outside it seems lower of course - and then at the rare occasion the T suddenly drops in volume, it can spike up again for no obvious reason at all.

• Like Like x 1
    12. Per

Per Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      I hope the perception theory is true, cause that gives me hope to habituate. To me it all really sounds louder in a very physical way, not just based on perception, but the brain is a powerful organ so let's hope it's manageable by perception. Wish I could measure the db of my T, cause it sounds louder than anything in my outer environment and when I try to mask it with my mp3 player I have to raise the sound level so high that I just stop. Don't dare to go any louder.

13. DezDog
      Angry

DezDog Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2009
      Per, I strongly believe it's perception. The only difference between now and when I thought my life was over is my mental approach. I don't hear it (in the perceptive sense) for the most part. When I do, I'm more questioning than worried about it (like, "is this louder than normal", or "how come I don't give a shit about this anymore?").

It's so hard to believe when you're anxious about it, but it's all about distraction and minimizing the impact on your thought processes.

You may have heard all this before, but I'm taking the opportunity right here to hammer it home a bit more. If it helps, then I'm a happy man.

DD

• Like Like x 1
    14. Per

Per Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      @DezDog,

Great to hear about your progress. I wrote a response that I lost, but did you attend any TRT? Seems like the retraining concept developed by Prof. Pawel Jastreboff is very successful globally.

• Like Like x 1
    15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jade
      Lucky

Jade Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/07/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you everyone and @DezDog I loved your post!

Hope you are all having a great day xx

• Like Like x 1
    16. Shuffle
      Gloomy

Shuffle Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Heavy Metal & Machinery
      @DezDog I agree with your post entirely, you've summed up far better than I could how I choose to deal with it.

• Like Like x 1
    17. DezDog
      Angry

DezDog Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2009

Hi @Per

I've been away so took me a while to see your question.

I did attend an initial consultation for TRT and we decided to focus on the mental approach, and not any kind of masking therapy. I didn't go back (yet), since I feel I've got it under control, and I was encouraged that I could tackle it myself with the right techniques. Once I started sleeping again, really, I got on top of it.

DD

18. jes
      Familiar

jes Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      Hey jade and members. This T has been a nightmare for mee.A Little t since 96 then an earinfection Winter 11.
      Then it got worse and worse.From februar 13 i got this waterpres several dayes and after that its a Little louder .I hate it all.
      I am a father for 3 small boys and have a nice wife.
      I sugest we could make a tinnitus talk investment Group. As soon as they find a good and safe treatment.We could
      cooperade and etablish treatment around the World. With the aim to give a safe and affordable treatment.
      I think the Investment Group should be seperated from tinnitus talk.Money can be a heavy thing.I dont like the
      idear that people without t to Invest in tinnitus treatment.We have alredy far too much snakeoil.With a lot of
      investors, who can also make some profit.We can in some way control the marked.Some people with t would
      pay all they have,and there would be enormous profits, i think we have to do something.Also good for new people.instead of all that snakeoil
      They can Invest in their own cure.And if there is no cure,then at least we have done something.What do you
      think? I am not perfect in English.

• Like Like x 1
    19. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I don't quite understand what you are proposing Jes...
      If they found a cure which costs $40,000 - how will we treat all our members?
      If the cure would cost a few dollars, do we all get our investment back - and who will run the trust fund and how can we trust this person not to run off with our money?

20. Per

Per Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      @jes,

I like your concept but the forum users come from different countries, in some countries they don't have any governmental financial support when it comes to healthcare (almost always insurance) and in other countries almost all healthcare is paid for trough the tax bill. I think the U.S is in the worst condition, over there they can't rely on any public support financially. Whilst in my country a cure would almost surtenly be paid for by my government. So, the idea of a common forum "bank" so to speak could be somewhat unbalanced in purpose. If they find a T cure it would be accessible for free for many.

If I was super rich I would do this the old fashion way, like a bounty hunt. X-amount of cash to those who delivers the 100% cure! Earlier I posted a philosophical approach to this where I posed the question: If the three richest people in the world all got severe T, how long would it take before some clever professor found a cure? Founding is crucial.

21. Danny
      Fine

Danny Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Well both of us living in Ontario we wouldn't have to worry about that, god bless OHIP.

Danny

22. Petloy
      Happy

Petloy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      It's called Fleeting or spontaneous tinnitus....your ears feel full and and a pure tone appears....it happens to almost everybody with T.

23. EddyLee
      Tolerant

EddyLee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi Jade, have you tried Betahistine before? It relieve pressure from excess fluid, some people with vertigo or ear fluid problem has their tinnitus reduced or even cured after taking 3 months of continues Betahistine.
      Here's the link to the study
      http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21860977

Is your tinnitus completely silenced during the flight or just significantly reduced?
      I'm just wondering if your tinnitus is silenced in flight could that means high pressure is helping it? Perhaps try hyperbaric oxygen?

24. Dhaval
      Buzzed

Dhaval Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 months
      Hi

That's not a bad idea may be you can put ut in the sites discussion section for improvement. @Markku and the guys can suggest best ways fwd or what can be done.

I wouldn't mind chipping in though
      Cheers

• Like Like x 1