My Tinnitus Is Constantly Changing

Discussion in 'Support' started by Dorothy5271, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Dorothy5271

Dorothy5271 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/30/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Tmj
      Hey everyone I’m back and I wish there was a better reason why. I got tinnitus about a month ago and it has been changing every couple of days. It started in my right ear and now it in both.

The pitch, volume and sound keeps fluctuating, I have been getting new highs but also new lows.

I’m trying to keep my anxiety down but it’s hard when new sounds pop up every couple days, today the sound is like a 5/10 but two days ago I couldn’t hear anything at all for a good 8 hours.

I do have issues with my jaw that I’m just now discovering and have yet to do anything about but I’m hoping I can find some things to help.

Is there anything else I can do other than what I’m doing now to help? I use earplugs when necessary, I’ve been cutting out bad foods and going to therapy for my anxiety. Any tips would be appreciated.

2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Are you taking any supplements (e.g., magnesium, NAC, etc.)?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dorothy5271

Dorothy5271 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/30/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Tmj
      @Bill Bauer I started looking into it but it got overwhelming

4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I have been taking NAC, Magnesium bis glycinate, Vinpocetine, ALCAR (N-Acetyl-L-Carnitine), Vitamin B complex, Omega 3, Ginkgo Gold, and Zinc.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    5. dpdx
      Disappointed

dpdx Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset:09/23/2017 Worsened: 1/17/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, worsened by caloric test/VEMP test 90db nhL
      I think you will get much better in the next few months or so.

6. Anna V.

Anna V. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi Dorothy,

If the cause of your t was tmj I think I would definitely look into everything I could on that front. Have you been searching on the forum about that area? I'm sure you probably have. It's not (I don't think) related in my case so I haven't carefully taken jaw related info on-board when it comes up in threads. However it does seem to me that people get improvements/help in this area through treatment/alignments and that kind of thing?
      I'm really not knowledgeable about it, but I see it as positive if physical treatment is a viable, workable option that can help. Wish I could remember the threads or people who wrote them. Definitely worth a bit of searching on here,

Hope you're doing well
      Anna