My Tinnitus Noise Changes

Discussion in 'Support' started by amymilly, Aug 27, 2016.

1. amymilly

amymilly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20 May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated ear drum
      Hey guys.
      Just wondered if this is what happens when you have tinnitus.
      Still trying to get my head around this 4 month period.

My tinnitus changes all the time.
      When I wake up its at my quietest. In my left ear. I have a broken stereo noise that makes like a weeooweeo high pitch noise. Ontop of that I have this loud high pitch noise which goes up and down in volume.
      The up and down noise happens in my other ear as well as hissing.

Listening to all the noise amazes me that my ears are producing all this and question why aren't they tired enough to stop. Seems so much effort right .

Some days my ears vibrate and rumble too. Which I hate.
      Is this normal for it to just seem all over the place and changing all the time.
      I have fleeting t sometimes too. Which scares me the most. As one time it stayed for 48 hours and thankfully it disappeared.

I'm trying to really educate on tinnitus so I understand what's happening. Makes me feel a little calmer.

But to my question is this just a normal thing with tinnitus?!!

• Informative Informative x 1
    2. volsung37

volsung37 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Tinnitus noises can fluctuate wildly especially when you're new to it.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      amymilly

amymilly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20 May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated ear drum
      @volsung37 id there a time where it settles. Or? X

4. volsung37

volsung37 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      For some it does settle. My main noise is a high pitched tone which has been quite constant for a few months now. At the start there were more beeps.

5. MrBonk

MrBonk Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD/Insane sinus congestion/TMJ/mold allergy/dog bark??????
      Mine changes too. Sometimes throughout the day. First thing in the morning though it is the best and most quiet.

I have this annoying high pitched oscillating flicker in my right ear that has for long periods of time completely disappeared. It was gone again until about two weeks ago, started slowly coming back. I had been having earaches, so I took a small single childrens Ibuprofen to experiment and I feel like within a few hours it instantly came back to nearly full throttle and got worse. Hasn't really totally gone away since then.

The only constant sounds are this high-ish pitched hissing in my left ear. (My ear/side with TMJ like symptoms), and a ~1105/2210hz tone in the center of my head that is only slightly noticeable most of the time in silence. But if I plug my ears or wear earmuffs it can become deafening. At first it felt like there was a pressure wave in the center of my head expanding out and trying to explode my head. Now it's mostly just the sound.

If I could get rid of the high pitched oscillating flicker/buzz in my right ear permanently. (And the accompanying physical sensations at times with it). I could completely forget about the rest of my T.
      Because the high pitched sound in my right ear is the only one that I can't totally mask.