My Tinnitus Went Away After Wisdom Tooth Extraction — Now I'm Having Fleeting Tinnitus Episodes

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Emmarory15, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Emmarory15

Emmarory15 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ
      Hello everyone, I’m new here and just seeking some support.

For as long as I remember I’ve had a background hiss which didn’t bother me till after my daughter was born. Probably lack of sleep and my TMJ making it worse. Anyway it sounded like crickets in one ear and wind in the other.

Fast forward to last month and I had my wisdom tooth out that was causing me so much discomfort, low and behold I got out of the dentist's chair and I heard silence again in both ears. I thought Jesus maybe it was this all along.

But pretty much as soon as I got home I started getting bouts of fleeting tinnitus, could be 1-3 times a day and that’s been gradually getting worse through the weeks. Today it happened 4 times in 10 minutes and the last one has lasted hours.

Can someone give me hope or some explanation? I still can’t hear my old noises when the fleeting stops.

Thank you all x

2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Fleeting tinnitus is harmless, however that last one that had lasted hours doesn't sound like fleeing tinnitus.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Emmarory15

Emmarory15 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ
      The noise has gone now but the fullness has stayed, I’m hoping I can put it down to allergy season

4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Ear fullness normally goes away after 3-12 months. You will want to be easy on your ears during this period of vulnerability.

Otherwise - congratulations on getting rid of your tinnitus!

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Emmarory15

Emmarory15 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ
      Thank you. I’m a super freak when it comes to safe sounds and ear protection, I don’t like it when my husband wears headphones. Think that’s why I’m so agitated about the recurring fleeting sounds as my ears haven’t been through any trauma and I haven’t been ill. Maybe the anxiety is attacking me in the way it knows it will bother me

6. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Since people who have tinnitus seem to experience fleeting tinnitus a lot more often than the healthy people, some people had hypothesized that fleeting tinnitus is the body's way to recalibrate in an attempt to heal itself. It would make sense that in your case the body would also need to have some recalibration done. The bottom line is that I wouldn't worry about the fleeting tinnitus episodes that last less than 2 minutes.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Emmarory15

Emmarory15 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ
      My husband suggested something like this, that my brain got so used to the other sounds that now it’s not hearing them anymore it’s having a bit of a breakdown. Just hope it doesn’t bring something worse back with it

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1