Mysoline (Primidone) Is Stopping/Treating My Palatal Myoclonus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Audiophile_bg, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Audiophile_bg
      Furious

Audiophile_bg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Olanzapine/MRI
      I got palatal myoclonus this April. Then a hellish series of doctors appointments ensued, where almost no one knew what to do, or what to prescribe me.

I was on Clonazepam, Baclofen, Carbamazepine, Oxcarbazepine, Sodium Valproate and nothing was helping at all. I was getting very desperate.

Finally, one of the neurologists whom I had seen in may called me up and told me to absolutely get my hands on Primidone, and that this is what HAS to stop the tremor. This drug has been pulled from Bulgaria, but we went to Turkey to buy it, and the effect was felt after the first dose. I take 1/4 of a pill 250mg.

I'm on the fifth day now, and the palate is almost not moving at all. I do look forward to it stopping forever. The clicking in the ears, the moving larynx was HELL for me. Everyone here, who thinks they have palatal myoclonus, please get your hands on Primidone.

Thank you. I hope everyone is doing well.

2. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Just wondered how you're doing now?

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Audiophile_bg
      Furious

Audiophile_bg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Olanzapine/MRI
      Hey, thanks for asking.

I'm doing horrifically. I had to get an MRI for the myoclonus and as a result of the MRI, HORRIFIC tinnitus ensued, which basically ruined me. I am suicidal. I had to take Prednisone for the tinnitus and ear pain, and I got bad side effects from it (I still have headache and high blood pressure from it). The tinnitus lowered but is still present. So all in all I want to die.

• Hug Hug x 1