"Mystery" Tinnitus for the Last Four Years

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by dcolb121, Sep 10, 2018.

1. dcolb121
      Depressed

dcolb121 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Sept 2016 approx
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Mine seemed to come out of nowhere. I've had it for about four years now in my left ear.

My story:

Every three or four years I would wake from a nights sleep and discover my left ear 100% plugged with wax. I would then go in to the clinic and have the wax ball washed out and my normal hearing would be restored.

For decades I've had hearing tests at work with no problems ever shown with my audio tests.

About four years ago, I woke and once again that ear was plugged. I wasn't upset because it had happened numerous times before. Again, I went down and had the wax gently washed out. But this time my hearing did not return. That ear had effectively been rendered deaf. After a couple of weeks, my hearing in that ear slowly returned. But this time when it returned it had lost all of the voice frequencies and brought with it the present tinnitus noise with associated constant whooshing and occasional tones.

So at present, I have the constant noise and tones in the left ear, greatly attenuated voice frequencies and the ability to hear very high and very low frequencies. My balance is not affected. Right side hearing is unaffected.

My ear doctor could find no reason with examination and MRI performed why this should be.

2. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      • Agree Agree x 2
    3. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      cerumen = earwax ,
      in a nutshell they are saying the procedure can go wrong and damage hearing if the doctor is not careful.
      upload_2018-9-10_14-24-57.png

• Agree Agree x 1