Need Help Diagnosing Whatever I Have

Discussion in 'Support' started by wannabenihonjin, May 13, 2015.

1. wannabenihonjin

wannabenihonjin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/9/2015
      Hi, my T started in early January and has come and gone since then, I have also developed a slew of different symptoms that my doctors don't seem to care about. My T started in only my right ear, but in the past month I have noticed that I have it in my left as well, but has a different sound to it. My right ear is a medium pitch ringing sound, and my left ear is a very quiet, but persistent white-noise or static-like sound (very hard to describe).

The most recent symptoms are that every morning I wake up with a stuffy nose that lasts only about an hour, one of my nostrils is always blocked/clogged so I cant use the nasonex effectively. Whenever I lay down I get this rumbling or shaking feeling in my right ear, almost like my inner ear is vibrating or trembling. Every since I got T my ears have been popping/crackling constantly and I now have the ability to open my Eustachian tubes at will it seems.

There are two things that help the ringing in my right ear only and that is sleeping less (or just laying down less) and getting more sunlight (I dont go outside all that much) Personally I think that all this has to do with the direction of my head. Like if I was able to sleep standing up I wouldn't have ringing in my right ear.

I'm writing this because the doctors in my city are horrible and it takes 2-3 months to get one test done and don't know what to do that wont cost me all my life savings. I'm having a MRI/MRA with contrast done on the 20th and hopefully that will show something.

Thanks

2. Geo

Geo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      Yeah i had t in my left first and when my right ear developed it later on it was different sound also maybe because they werent onset together...and i also developed crackling and popping in ears and pressure after T my doctor said it was chronic sinusitis that it was not connected to my T..BS i never suffered from this after T... t brings more symptoms to the package than just the ringing on some people..

3. Laurie1961
      No Mood

Laurie1961 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      dental work
      Being able to open your Eustachian tubes is important. Mine stopped working for years before I stopped going to doctors. Finally, each side unclogged by doing blowing exercises, found on a YouTube for several months, morning and night. One ear crackled and then eventually opened followed by the other.

Still, sleeping with head elevated also keeps my deformed sinuses more open. I know they are deformed since years ago they did a head CT scan for a sinus issue. It clearly showed all including a sinus cyst on a tooth root.

While a CAT scan has radiation I was happier to not have injections of contrasting medium. (I naively had even radioactive ones for bone scans, earlier in my life. One was live on a tv screen between two platters. The nurse allowed me to look and what ever they'd given me, I could see my own skeleton speaking on the screen).

I've also had MRI's of legs, hips and arm without contrast and it is possible to see tissue in addition to bone without any dye or contrast. When I had contrast for the scans, it was told to me, it was just a marker, a tracer, benign but there are articles since that implicate it was not such a good idea and that they've considerably reduced the amount of contrast. Medical imaging has improved drastically since then. But, at the same time MRI Contrast danger warnings have escalated. Some contrasts accumulate and do not leave the brain and damage kidneys. http://www.center4research.org/health-risks-of-gbcas/ describes in detail. My arm MRI was supposed to be with contrast, I refused it and the MRI was done without. My copy of the MRI images show the anatomy-tissues, muscle, bone, cysts, prior bone fracture, etc all visible. Without the contrast, MRI is probably safer than the CT scan.

Personally, before I bothered to have an MRI for clogged sinuses, I'd look up Austin Goh on YouTube:

How to naturally unblock your sinuses in 3...