Need Input, Confused by Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by OddV, Dec 3, 2014.

1. OddV
      Assassinator

OddV Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection
      This forum is great and I thought I'd ask here. I recently participated in the AM-101 trials, but at this point not sure if I got the placebo or real drug.

The point is, I wake up with the same old T that I always have, but within an hour, I'm down to a 2 or a 3 again in terms of loudness on a scale of 10.... The whole cycle repeats itself the following day. My annoyance with T is surprisingly higher when my T is lower.

I seek to understand all things, in my mind, AM-101 would not operate in a fashion where I have loud T in the morning and lower through the day, so, am I habituating or something else? Struggling if I should do the next phase where im guaranteed the drug (granted, I have about 4 weeks to decide).

I also took my blood pressure over several days.... The higher my diastolic got, the lower my T was... Has anyone else experienced this? I woke up to 110/70 and got up to 128/82.

I guess I'm just looking for feedback on what might be going on... Tired of trying to figure it out on my own today. Didn't want to clog up the AM-101 threads, so posted here.

2. Mark McDill
      Curious

Mark McDill Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely stress, anxiety, an antibiotic and nsaids
      OddV
      If I understand correctly, you are essentially asking about the nature of T (true?)

What you have detailed is true about T and actually makes sense (from my experience). Your auditory system goes on high alert at night to warn you of any danger out there while you are sleeping. Since it is cranked up, your T also cranks up. That is why your T is low during he day and high at night (oh great, your T is a night owl; makes for long nights and no sleep).

The blood pressure is a misplaced indicator; you are expecting your T to be louder with higher blood pressure but what is really going on is that you are awake and your auditory system is cranking down. Granted, blood pressure is a factor but only when it is really cranking up -- but in that case I would cite high anxiety or stress as the fuel vice the resulting blood pressure.

Clear as mud?

Mark

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      OddV
      Assassinator

OddV Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection
      @Mark McDill

Thanks, yes, pretty much trying to figure out why my T acts like it does and also try and figure out if I got AM-101 or the placebo. Your theory makes sense to me and I hadn't considered it myself.

Just needed some other input as I'm frustrated right now.

4. Mark McDill
      Curious

Mark McDill Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely stress, anxiety, an antibiotic and nsaids
      @OddV
      I totally understand (trying to figure out your T); it is one confusing little bugger! The problem is, once we figure it out -- what would we do? I'm not saying don't learn what makes it go up or calm down, just saying that a lot of things can cause an unhealthy focus on our T (which is one of the things that makes it go up -- UGH!!).

Mark