Need Some Help (Tinnitus Increase After Ear Syringing — Could This Be Eustachian Tube Dysfunction?)

Discussion in 'Support' started by eric2997, Jan 30, 2017.

1. eric2997
      Stressed

eric2997 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise
      I've had tinnitus since I was 19. The ringing and sensitivity started in one ear and then the other, but it was never that bad i would only hear the ringing if I was in a room that was quiet even then it wasn't that loud so i learned to live with it.

So here's what happened: I have an issue with excessive ear wax so this past October my left ear clogged up so I used one of those rubber syringe from ear wax kit to flush wax out (I've been doing that for years never had a problem till now).

Well what normally happens is i feel the air rush back in and i can hear again but this time that didn't happen so i tried syringing a few more times but all i did was make me dizzy.

So i noticed the next day that my ear still felt clogged/full and the ringing was way louder and i was more sensitive to noises like if a tv was at a certain volume it would sound weird and my hearing wasn't were it should be at like for example i was outside and the cricket noise they make i could hear it on my right but when i turn to my left i couldn't really hear it at all.

So i kind of dealt with it till now, didn't have money at the time.

so i recently went to an ENT and they said my eardrum was normal and there wasn't any wax so i have a hearing test in a week.

but i'm wondering could it be eustachian tube dysfunction since i noticed that when i try to pop my ears only my right does but when i swallow i can hear a pop in both ears.

maybe someone can help me? I've been driving myself crazy lately. can't stand it anymore.

2. Amber
      Depressed

Amber Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/1999
      You are already receiving good care with your ear doctor. Do you still have the ear fullness, louder tinnitus and sound sensitivity?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      eric2997
      Stressed

eric2997 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise
      sorry for the late response yea turns out i had sudden hearing loss

4. SleeplessSoul
      Insomnious

SleeplessSoul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Did your hearing come back? Was it a total loss?