Need Support

Discussion in 'Support' started by kevin b, Mar 16, 2014.

1. kevin b
      Fine

kevin b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      I can use some help right now, I am struggling. A week ago I was able to sleep thru the night without meds, now my right ear had started with PT adding to my original left ear hissing. The anxiety really ramped up that my psych put me in Neurintin on Friday. I got T three months ago while coming out of a bad bout of depression so I have also fallen back in. I found it hard to get of of bed to do anything. I still have major problems accepting having this, I was having some good hours every night but now that has gone away. What made me go back?

2. Valentin

Valentin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/08/2013
      Unfortunately as with every brain erratic functions, it's impossible to predict a realistic outcome.

My right ear has in addition to the tone, a chime that looks more like a musical tinnitus as it's exactly the sound of mario collecting coins, unfortunately the one up sound never comes up....

strangely enough this chime is so quiet in volume but yet i perceive it quite easily, unlike my tinnitus tones that i hear only in very quiet rooms...

3. citigirl13
      Happy

citigirl13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/1/14
      I don't know what made your T change. Unless you've had a cold or noise exposure, it's hard to tell.

You sound like you are becoming depressed or are depressed. Understandable since you have T, but I would definitely talk to someone or get some medication. Struggling to get out of bed is a classic sign of depression. I would force yourself to do things, get out the house, go for walks. Exercise is good. Of course I think that you need to talk to someone like a doctor or a therapist about how you are feeling and hopefully they can assist you more.

Don't give up. T can go even after years, so don't panic. Try not to stress out. Keep us posted.

4. jewellanne1010

jewellanne1010 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1999
      Hang in there I have T for 15 years. I found myself running to the bed to escape. Working , exercising and seeing a social worker helped me so much. Meds helped to especially for sleep if you dont get decent sleep its hard to function during the day. This T is weird it can come and go. The brain is a very comlex thing. It will get better.

5. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

cullenbohannon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Kevin could it be a result of the meds your taking? Maybe they will go with discontinued use or stress could make your blood pressure high and heart pump harder. Stay strong try to relax

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      kevin b
      Fine

kevin b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      I am not sure what is going on. I am 3 weeks back on the lexapro which I was on for 8 years and did amazing on until I stupidly changed to cymbalta in December. I quit cymbalta after a month and I believe that is what go me. I was trying to take klonopin only when I really needed it during the days dot help sleep at night. After like a week I tried to sleep without it and I could like 3 nights in a row! I was excited because I wanted to limit the meds. Every day my anxiety rose until I gave in on Friday and the doc suggested The Neuroutin. I am on a low dose 100 mg 3 times aday but last night I could not sleep at all. The added heartbeat T added to my right ear is not helping either. Basically I am having a hard time accepting this is how my life is going to be, I know it is wrong but that is how I feel . I am getting hearing aids with maskers on Tuesday, hopefully they will help and I guess I need to stick on the new drug to see if it will help

7. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

cullenbohannon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      There is nothing wrong about it. It's a process and everyone struggles with it but I can promise you the idea that you have that the rest of your life will be this way is not the case. Your just seeing this distorted a bit at the moment try to limit your anxiety and focus on the good things in your life. The hearing aids should help as well.

8. Carlos1

Carlos1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Root Canal
      Hey Kevin listen man you just have to keep telling yourself things will get better. When I read the the horror stories on the web it scares the crap out of me and makes my T worse when I believe that's things will get better the T seems to diminish a little ... Hang in there hopefully lexapro will help and you'll turn the corner and sees things a little brighter.
      Keep posting it helps and stay away from horror stories.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      kevin b
      Fine

kevin b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      T
      anks Carlos, I am really trying. I actually have a great life, three great kids, a great wife,I am not rich but I do okay and I have great friends and overall good health. But I have to be honest I don't see how I am going to able to move this shit to the back of my mind! it seems like most of the time it consumes me. I do get breaks here and there where I forget about it but not much. I certainly realize there are millions of people worse off them me, but I have admit I feel so alone and when I go out I literally look at every person and say how lucky there are they don't have this! Stupid I know because I don't know there suffering. It just seems like my great life was snatched from me three months ago

• Hug Hug x 1
    10. Carlos1

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Root Canal
      Kevin I hear you man I too have / had a great life I'm 52 was running marathons have friends and family that love me and that should be enough encouragement for me to have enough strength to put this T behind me but it's a battle very day all I know is that we can't give up ....I'll suffer in silence till the day I die but I'll keep battle not for me but for my family ....It feels like we're alone but you have everyone here to help so keep posting man....I'm here if you just want to chat ....stay strong

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      kevin b
      Fine

kevin b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      Are you doing better than when you first started? If so what helped? I tried like hell to stay busy, went to work for an hour, walked the dog, went grocery shopping, even vacuumed my house. Now iam trying to chill and listen to some of my favorite music. How did you get your T.?

12. Carlos1

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Root Canal
      I got T last August after a root canal I also have TMJ from the same episode I'm not sure if my T is from TMJ or just playing loud music from my iPod . I use to run very day and probably played my music too loud so I'm not really sure what the T is related from. I've gone to 3 ENT's and all basically said to just live with it and as you now that' easier said then done. As far as am I better well some days I feel like I can handle this no problem other days I have emotional melt downs... I do have to say looking back to where I was and where I am today I feel more positive knowing that when I have bad days goods days will follow also. Biggest thing for me is sleep I must have a decent nights sleep or I'm screwed the next day ...

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      kevin b
      Fine

kevin b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      I got rested last week and how moderate high frequency gearing loss, getting hearing aids with maskers on tuedsday to try for a month, praying they will help. Do you take any meds to help you sleep?

14. Carlos1

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Root Canal
      I take ambien and melatonin at night.... Doc also prescribed ativan but I only take that if I'm having a bad day. In the beginning the Docs tried to put me on zoloft and Paxil but I didn't do well on AD's maybe I just didn't give them enough time but intially they but made me feel worse and I just could handle it. Yeah let me know how the hearings aids workout for you I've thought about that too.

15. George Brady
      Crappy

George Brady Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      bad meds
      What kind of hearing aids are you getting thinging about getting them my self

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      kevin b
      Fine

kevin b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      I will get you the name on Tuesday, I am told that are built for people with T