Need Your Help, Strange Thing, Knocking the Cranium Made My Tinnitus Disappear for a Short While

Discussion in 'Support' started by Aaron, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Aaron
      Fine

Aaron Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/22/2012
      I was doing a kind of massage for my ear every day these month, and yesterday, I knocked the cranium much heavier, with my finger's biggest power, and, amazingly, my tinnitus DISAPPEAR COMPLETELY for 10 second.
      I am not joking, seriously, very strange.

Then I repeated this kind of method, and there is a nerve in my head or ear, create a sound "Ding Ding Ding", when I knocked the cranium, and then the T disappear for 10 seconds or even 15, then back to normal afterwards. I do it today and the same happens, seems my T have a switch on/off button:), the nerve should be the one which got injuried with my trauma in 2012.

But I don't know this nerve is related to my ear or other parts my brain, if it is something related to the brain, I would like to go to Brai2n in Antwerp for a try, is that makes sense?

Need your help and smart thinking!

Thanks in advance

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. James White
      Anime

James White Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe loud music. Not sure.
      How did you get injured in 2012 ?

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Aaron
      Fine

Aaron Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/22/2012
      I slipped down when moving my ex's house, and a sharp pointed thing poked into my eardrum, bingo, it's like 1 billion/1 possibility, but it happened, then eardrum perforation about 30%, and half of my haring lossed immediately, of course inner ear injuried as well, after treatment, I got 85% of my hearing back.

It's like, 250 15db, 500 15db, 1000 15db, 1500 20db, 2000 20db, 4000 20db, 8000 15db

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Aaron
      Fine

Aaron Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/22/2012
      Hi James, I also did CT and MRI, and nothing wrong, DPOAE said high frequency hair cell lost

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. Mark McDill
      Curious

Mark McDill Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely stress, anxiety, an antibiotic and nsaids

Aaron
      By no means am I an expert in this area; but have you considered acupuncture? It seems to me (from what you are describing) that you have located a nerve in the path of your T. Maybe acupuncture could do something about it.
      Again, take my advice with a grain of salt (I'm not an expert); I'm just throwing the idea out there.

Mark

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. Vkis

Vkis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/16/2012
      Not possible that you injured directly high level hair cells it would be plus billion to billion. It prooves one more time that T develops in the period while the ear drum was perforated and the brain temporaly did not get sound and develops its own. it's own sound is a signal from other nerv and organ that a brain mistakes it for sound. I think you found and could temporally block that " other nerve"

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Aaron
      Fine

Aaron Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/22/2012
      I have done some acupuncture, it helps sometimes, but seems no big improvement, anyway, thanks a lot

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Aaron
      Fine

Aaron Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/22/2012
      Great idea, so I am thinking if it possible to find a way permanently block that nerve, like De Ridder did, implant an electrode or something....

• Hug Hug x 1