New and Frustrated Member with Pulsatile Tinnitus!

Discussion in 'Support' started by nickyes, Aug 10, 2018.

1. nickyes

nickyes Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi everyone! So I can’t pinpoint exactly when my pulsating tinnitus started but I’d say around May 2018, it’s in my left ear only and at first I only heard it now and again in my sleep, usually after I’d maybe had a few drinks so I’d just tilt my head a certain way to sleep and it would stop, then suddenly, one night it was so bad I decided to look up what it could possibly be and found “pulsatile tinnitus” obviously I looked at the possible causes and panic set in!

From then on I started noticing it in the day time, it’s very on and off, I don’t notice it as long as I’m busy at work or in a load environment, like when the TV is on, but it’s very noticeable in quiet environments and if I really focus on it. I do suffer from anxiety, stress and tension due to many deaths in my own family and my partners and some ongoing things at the moment, so it is worse when my anxiety flares up!

I have had two GP appointments, the first told me to “get on the wagon” and stop drinking (I hardly drink at all) and told me just to deal with it!

So tried another Doctor who seemed a little more concerned and gave me some ear drops to make sure it wasn’t an infection, even though I hadn’t had any other symptoms of one!

Drops didn’t help so I’m going back again this Wednesday and hoping this time around I may be taken more seriously, it’s just incredibly frustrating as I have no idea what this is and the anxiety of the unknown is not helping! :(

• Hug Hug x 2