New Group Member ... Hi. :)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ringringgoaway, Jun 12, 2018.

1. ringringgoaway

ringringgoaway Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      damage to ear
      Hi everyone. I'm glad that I've found this resource for support. I really need it. I recently was diagnosed with tinnitus in May of 2018. My hearing was excellent, but they detected damage to my left ear. It's been a pretty hard month for me. I am in the beginning phase of this journey, so please accept my apologies for any negativity that I may type.

My tinnitus experience is a very high frequency tone/whistle/hiss that is medium-ish in volume and is either constant or sounds like Morse Code. The most difficult part is that the frequency clashes with other noises which makes it more prevalent. Anywhere near a fan, TV, computer monitor or anything that has any sort of frequency is tough to be around. During the day, I try my best to distract, but I'm finding this really difficult. My sleep has been disrupted greatly since it seems to rear it's ugly head and a major way at night. Completely masking the high pitch is impossible with white noise, but have found a tad of relief wearing headphones while I sleep.

My tinnitus has put me in a low state of depression, but the real clincher for me is that I have a panic/anxiety disorder (YAY me), and not focusing on a noise in my head seems really hard to do. I feel like I'm in fight or flight mode the majority of the day. This is really unhealthy for not only my tinnitus but my overall health. I'm obsessing about it and constantly sticking my fingers in my ears to assess the tinnitus volume level. For the most part, I am a hopeful person, and I hope that habituation comes soon. In the meantime, if I don't calm myself down, I know it may never come.

Well, there you go. Just wanted to add my experience to the group. Thanks to all of you who are a part of this group, and thanks in advance for any hopefulness you can send my way. I have already found great solace by reading a few of the existing threads.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
    3. Mellow7

Mellow7 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Welcome to the forum!

You're not the only one to experience this. Many peopleon this forum, amongst which myself, have the same thing. Some have had it disappear after a few months.

For high pitched T, try these nature sounds. They also tend to not make my T react.

CRICKETS & SEA WAVES - Nature SOUNDS for...

Soothing Night Time Forest Sounds - 2 Hour...

4K Mountain Meadows - Cricket &...